Taking out the battery!

18 replies to this topic
  • Scubdawg

Posted December 21, 2009 - 11:50 AM

I have a 09 WR450, my question is, how do I run this bike with out a battery? IS this even possible..

• Parx_400

Posted December 21, 2009 - 12:16 PM

I don't think so. If you want to lose the weight get an EBAtt. Its much lights and if you are crafty like me you can take the whole tray out when you install the Ebatt. Just find something to zip tie the Ebatt to.

• tribalbc

Posted December 21, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yeah the Ebatt only weighs 12oz and is very small. Then you still keep all your advantages of a battery, Estart!

• tribalbc

Posted December 21, 2009 - 12:52 PM

I don't think so. If you want to lose the weight get an EBAtt. Its much lights and if you are crafty like me you can take the whole tray out when you install the Ebatt. Just find something to zip tie the Ebatt to.

Did you cut the aluminum tray on the subframe?

• Parx_400

Posted December 21, 2009 - 10:58 PM

My bike is an 05. They don't have a subframe tray.

• Parx_400

Posted December 21, 2009 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image

• tribalbc

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:26 AM

I put foam around the battery so the zap straps won't cut through the plastic wrap on the battery.

Posted Image

• woods-rider

Posted December 23, 2009 - 01:18 PM

How much do the stock batterys weigh?

• tribalbc

Posted December 23, 2009 - 02:06 PM

How much do the stock batterys weigh?

Around 5lbs

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bloodline

Posted December 24, 2009 - 01:09 PM

it will run fine without the battery. Make sure you attach the negative battery lead to the frame somewhere. Tape up the positive lead or just take it off the relay.

• Scubdawg

Posted December 24, 2009 - 05:26 PM

it will run fine without the battery. Make sure you attach the negative battery lead to the frame somewhere. Tape up the positive lead or just take it off the relay.

Is this true???

• highmarker

Posted December 24, 2009 - 05:45 PM

it'll run fine but you won't have e start or a tail light.

• AZ45

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:28 PM

Is this true???

Of course it's true, you read it on the internet!! :moon:

• Scubdawg

Posted December 24, 2009 - 11:08 PM

Of course it's true, you read it on the internet!! :moon:

I dont know why, but this made me LOL:worthy:

• mikeythefokker

Posted December 24, 2009 - 11:52 PM

Yes, the wr will run without a battery. There is a guy in either this forum or the wr250 forum named llamaface who did a write up on stripping down a wr. I believe that the info in the previous post about what to do with your battery leads is correct.

• bloodline

Posted December 25, 2009 - 09:01 AM

jeez you guys are sceptical.

Why would you not have a taillight?

Everything works the same. Just no estart.

• Scubdawg

Posted December 25, 2009 - 10:19 AM

So Im guessing you will not have to turn it on up top anymore??? I guess just anchor it to the subframe would be alright!

• bloodline

Posted December 25, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Everything works the same except your starter button. No electric start is the only change. I cant remember where I placed the negative lead on mine. The subframe is fine, but I wouldnt go drill a hole or anything. Use an existing fastener.

• Scubdawg

Posted December 26, 2009 - 07:18 AM

Everything works the same except your starter button. No electric start is the only change. I cant remember where I placed the negative lead on mine. The subframe is fine, but I wouldnt go drill a hole or anything. Use an existing fastener.

Thanks bloodline! Thats what I wanted to make sure. I was going to drill a small hole! I will find a way to just secure it to the subframe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.