is the 10 yz450 all thats its cracked up to be?

my mates lookin at buyin a new 10 450. hes been humming and harring about wheather its worth all the coin. is it much better than a 09 yz450? or just a shade better?

that mostly depends on the rider. if you are a competitive racer; the '10 is likely worth every penny and then some. if you are a playrider, both bikes will go through the woods (and sink up to their tanks in mudholes) with equal effectiveness.

Sic...

Have you read some of the reviews here by people who have actually ridden the bike?

So far I'm only seeing the same thing I saw on CRF forum when their 09 came out. Everyone that forked over the cash for one loved it, it was the best bike in history, and shaved 10 seconds a lap..

Like most people I haven't ridden the 2010 yet but I'm betting (hoping) it's a lot more than "a little" better than the 09. I've ridden the 09 and came away unimpressed and somewhat shocked by the lack of usable low end power. I don't think that will be an issue with the 2010. The other Yamaha bugaboo I really don't want to deal with is reluctant turning. Again, I think the 2010 has that base covered.

Is the 2010 worth it? Every individual who buys one is going to have to answer that question for himself.

I've rode a couple of the 10's. Each time I rode it I was really careful not to tip over since these were my buddies brand new scoots so I really didn't put in any hard laps...also the tracks I rode them on were pretty smooth. But in a nutshell the main things I noticed off the bat.

Throttle response was instant. Off bottom end and into mid range things happen in a hurry...it does sign off pretty early though.

It feels small and light. I ride a 09 Kawasaki...it makes my bike really feel like an open class bike.

It goes into turns and turns much better then the 08 Yamaha (which I had).

Like I said I haven't had a chance to really put in some hard laps on a rough track. That usually gets a bike to reveal itself a bit better. What little time I did put on the bike made me a fan of it. Nice bike.

I've rode a couple of the 10's. Each time I rode it I was really careful not to tip over since these were my buddies brand new scoots so I really didn't put in any hard laps...also the tracks I rode them on were pretty smooth. But in a nutshell the main things I noticed off the bat.

Throttle response was instant. Off bottom end and into mid range things happen in a hurry...it does sign off pretty early though.

It feels small and light. I ride a 09 Kawasaki...it makes my bike really feel like an open class bike.

It goes into turns and turns much better then the 08 Yamaha (which I had).

Like I said I haven't had a chance to really put in some hard laps on a rough track. That usually gets a bike to reveal itself a bit better. What little time I did put on the bike made me a fan of it. Nice bike.

How does it compare to your 09 KX450? That is what I am coming off of!

How does it compare to your 09 KX450? That is what I am coming off of!

Well, considering that you had a Kawi and now have the Yamaha...sounds like you'll be forming up a lot better opinion than mine.

Comparing the two: the biggest difference to me is how they feel. The Kawis have always felt big to me. It's not something I dislike but they do feel like a big bike. After I ride mine a short time I don't even notice until I ride another bike. This new Yamaha feels really small and nimble. That's one of the biggest differences to me. Kawasaki has a big motor...the Yamaha makes good power although I wished it rev'd longer. The Kawi has a bigger motor though.

Well, considering that you had a Kawi and now have the Yamaha...sounds like you'll be forming up a lot better opinion than mine.

Comparing the two: the biggest difference to me is how they feel. The Kawis have always felt big to me. It's not something I dislike but they do feel like a big bike. After I ride mine a short time I don't even notice until I ride another bike. This new Yamaha feels really small and nimble. That's one of the biggest differences to me. Kawasaki has a big motor...the Yamaha makes good power although I wished it rev'd longer. The Kawi has a bigger motor though.

I absolutely will inform you on what I find, but we have 5 inches of snow so I did not ride her yet!

I had a 2009 CRf450 last year. Made most of the changes and the bike was a good ride. I'm on a 10 YZ450F now. I've ridden it a couple times and find the bike to have a well balanced suspension when all of the settings were tightened up 3-4 clicks. Turns very easily, does not over steer like the honda. Engine is stronger than Honda, can be lugged much lower and doesn't (at least hasn't yet) stalled or flame out like the Honda. Very controlable in the air over jumps. Front end does not feel like an older Yamaha (heavy in the air), but not as light as a Honda. The front end seems to stay down, doesn't want to wheelie unless you are on the back of the seat. I'm very happy with the change back to Yamaha.

to clear things up,

the shootout was german so i don't think it will help if i gave a link... the kawi won surprisingly

what i was trying to say was that the 10 is a big improvement over the 09 but once you compare to the rest of the competition, it's not all that great... and yes i know someone that has it

to clear things up,

the shootout was german so i don't think it will help if i gave a link... the kawi won surprisingly

what i was trying to say was that the 10 is a big improvement over the 09 but once you compare to the rest of the competition, it's not all that great... and yes i know someone that has it

All depends on who ya ask