Adding Flywheel weight to WR450...

3 replies to this topic
  • jschner

Posted May 02, 2003 - 04:43 AM

What does the stock flywheel weight? If flywheel weight is added say 8 or 12oz to smooth out the engine and tractor more do you think it would add to the woodruff problem or actually help? Do you think the increased inertia would create less of a chance of a backfire reverse engine condition or not? What do you think?

• Wrench

Posted May 02, 2003 - 08:05 AM

2.6 pounds

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 02, 2003 - 11:52 AM

Chuck Steahly at Steahly off road is probably the only one who makes a weight for the new WR 450. As soon as I got my new WR 450 I took it up to Chuck and he used my bike for a test mule to build the weight. I don't know if he has any in stock but call him, 1 541 535 4896. He is not open on the weekends so it's either now or next week. Thats pacific standard time.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 02, 2003 - 12:48 PM

The stock WR450 has a lot of flywheel! Are you trying to make it a big trials bike? That poor woodruff key may not like it. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.