Bike Lock?

6 replies to this topic
  • ETP

Posted May 02, 2003 - 04:21 AM

Any ideas on an easy to use lock for my WR450F dual sport bike? I am trying to find a good fork lock system. Any clever ideas would help.
Thanks,
Ted

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 02, 2003 - 05:02 AM

I like the brake disc lock. It is small so you can carry with you and it is only $15.00.

• jwriott

Posted May 02, 2003 - 06:40 AM

I like the disk lock as well. The only advice I'd give is to get a bright colored one. I bought a black Kryptonite one for my black and red street bike and trust me, it's easy to leave it on when you go to pull away. Especially at night. :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • battlecry

Posted May 02, 2003 - 11:34 AM

Just be careful not to carry it with your body when you ride. I know of at least one case of bad internal injuries after an accident where the rider was carrying a disk lock in his pocket.

• oRGie

Posted May 02, 2003 - 03:23 PM

bicycle shops sell little cases with velcro straps for disc locks, easy to stick on the bars and I use the little bag to remind me the locks on by putting it round the throtle..

but I only use that for popping into shops, any out of sight situations lasting more than 5 mins and i bring a u-lock and steel rope extension in a rucksack and lock my bike to something bolted or concreted to the ground :)

• dave911

Posted May 11, 2003 - 08:25 AM

Yep, agreed. SuperMotos are too easy to pick up and throw in a van (disc lock or not). Anybody got a good (long-term) solution to carrying heavier duty equipment, like mentioned in previous post. I'm not much for wearing my high-school backpack anymore (although chicks dig my varsty letter, NOT).

• MOmilkman

Posted May 11, 2003 - 08:32 AM

I bought a black Kryptonite one for my black and red street bike and trust me, it's easy to leave it on when you go to pull away

Yea, but I bet you didnt get too far before you figured it out did you? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.