WR Fuel Petcock fit on a YZ?

4 replies to this topic
  • TARKaw

Posted December 19, 2009 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone know if the fuel petcocks are interchangeable? I have an '01 YZ and would like to have that reserve feature the WR offers

• mxis4me

Posted December 19, 2009 - 07:36 PM

the petcocks on the yz & the wr look identical except for the height of the fuel stand on the microfiche.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted December 20, 2009 - 08:27 AM

They are interchangable :moon:

Some face opposite drections though so do a micro fiche search to make sure you get the right one.

Edited by tribalbc, December 20, 2009 - 08:31 AM.

• rexbond007

Posted December 20, 2009 - 09:12 AM

i put a 01-06 wr petcock on my oversized tank , and it was reversed

Posted Image

• BigSherm

Posted December 24, 2009 - 11:46 PM

I swapped the '01 WR426 petcock on to my '01YZ426 with no problems whatsoever. Now I have a reserve for trailriding, and it just keeps me from having to push my bike back to the pits at the track. The WR petcok was only about $30 brand new from MRcycles.com.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.