JGR Racing Suspension

29 replies to this topic
  • alstar250

Posted December 19, 2009 - 11:34 AM

Remember, most of the cost for a pro's suspension are in the time and manpower involved in testing and setting it up for that rider, not in hardparts. If you send your suspension off to JGR for them to revalve blindly without ever even seeing how you ride, where you ride, etc, then you are just going to get back a suspension that is blindly revalved, the same thing that FC or Enzo would send back to you.

Yes agreed, but Enzo guarantees their valving, no one else I know will. If they revalve your stuff and you don't like it, pull it off and send it back to them and tell them what it's doing right and what its doing wrong and they will change it for FREE.

• Mike546

Posted December 19, 2009 - 01:11 PM

Yes agreed, but Enzo guarantees their valving, no one else I know will. If they revalve your stuff and you don't like it, pull it off and send it back to them and tell them what it's doing right and what its doing wrong and they will change it for FREE.

I think they all pretty much do that, I know Factory Connection does.

• RCannon

Posted December 19, 2009 - 02:12 PM

There is no bigger bang for the buck in the suspension business than SMART Performance. His work is, IMO, the best you can get, his prices are reasonable, and he'll sell you everything you need to do the job yourself, if you feel up to it. You just can't get a serious top tier revalve for less, or a better one, for that matter.

I agree, Dave rocks. Better yet, if you feel comfortable working on your own stuff, He'll let you! Great way to learn, save shipping money, and stay entertained .

• grayracer513

Posted December 19, 2009 - 03:08 PM

That is very nearly standard industry practice, actually. It's one of the reasons you get charged so much.

I have a 2007 YZ450F about how much would I be paying to send Dave my forks and shock to do his magic?

Pricing info is best got from Dave at SMART. I have a support deal from him, and I do my own work.

I agree, Dave rocks. Better yet, if you feel comfortable working on your own stuff, He'll let you! Great way to learn, save shipping money, and stay entertained .

He won't just let you, he'll help. He won't come to your house, or anything, but you can get support from him. And the shipping money isn't all you save by doing that.

• RCannon

Posted December 19, 2009 - 04:21 PM

He won't just let you, he'll help. He won't come to your house, or anything, but you can get support from him. And the shipping money isn't all you save by doing that.[/QUOTE]

He was great about helping me and I appreciated the fact he did not treat everything like a matter of national security.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racerxx276

Posted December 19, 2009 - 04:44 PM

I'll agree with Gray, Dave's stuff and pricing is the best around...

• grayracer513

Posted December 19, 2009 - 04:49 PM

He was great about helping me and I appreciated the fact he did not treat everything like a matter of national security.

He does, in fact, post most of the details of what he does in the suspension forum. Some of the other builders there have a hard time believing that he does it.

Dave is an legitimate, trained engineer who happens to race motorcycles. He also uses a lot of that big buck modern equipment like the shock dyno, but the thing about that is that the dyno is only a measuring device. The info you get from it still has to be interpreted and analyzed, and that's where he shines. He's also great with developing alternative concepts. What I admire most about him is that whereas there are people who try to think outside the box, he doesn't seem to even realize there is a box.

• geshields

Posted December 19, 2009 - 05:34 PM

Another fan of Dave's work here. Just got finished installing my EPNP setup from him and it feels awesome. Dave will only sell you what you need at that moment. Once you progress in skill level or find things you start to notice, he is one phone call away and will work with you to get it right. He has earned a customer for life.

• gfmoto

Posted December 19, 2009 - 05:37 PM

I had dave do my 08 crf and it was great, i had a small issue with my settings and after he called me to check on my level of satisfaction he happily mad a shim stack change. When was the last time your suspension guy called you to see how you liked your stuff? Dave is a great guy and very reasonable.

• tribalbc

Posted December 19, 2009 - 06:26 PM

Yet another big fan of Dave and his support here. I had a question on a Sunday, sent an email, he called me back an hour later with help and emailed me some photos of what I needed to do :moon:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.