another quiet pipe question

2 replies to this topic
  • humpness

Posted December 18, 2009 - 05:02 PM

I never can find real data when comparing different pipes. Its always by the seat of the pants. I dont care about sound, or bling. I want a pipe that is durable and also upgrades the power curve etc. These are the pipes I am trying to find out on:

DRD + quiet insert vs. fmf 4.1 megabomb + quiet insert vs. fmf Q4 megabomb

will the 4.1 w/ quiet insert perform differently than the Q4?

now that the megabomb can be found in SS I am more inclined to check it out.

I know quiet and power is sort of an oxymoron but any suggestions would be nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted December 18, 2009 - 11:44 PM

• grayracer513

Posted December 19, 2009 - 08:07 AM

A little abrupt, isn't it?

There's two or three discussions here just recently on this topic. Search on "quiet pipe", and you should turn them up. Or, just browse back a page or two.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.