WR426 `01, VIN number ?

1 reply to this topic
  • markjennings

Posted December 18, 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hello everyone, have I got something unusual or are all WR426,s like this ?

I import secondhand bikes from the UK into Sweden as part of my job but when I went to re-register this bike for use on Swedens roads it was turned down as the VIN number does not have 17 digits as most of the recently made bikes have.
The numbers I have are : CJ02W-0002289 with an asterick at each end.
No other numbers on the headstock, it looks original and not "messed" with, anyone know something I do,nt ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichFZR-WR

Posted December 19, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Yep, same on the head stock of my WR426 02.
Went in to a dealer for parts to be told its a unofficial import, are Yamaha's made in England now:lol:
Told its Euro spec though. The code for this bike that the dealer needs is mounted on the rear fender frame next to the air box, mine is 5NG6-100.
Got me thinking, has anyone got a 426 with a 17 digit code on it?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.