Wr 450 / 250 comparison

2 replies to this topic
  • DKyle

Posted May 01, 2003 - 04:39 PM

I'm going to buy either the WR450f or WR250f but can't really decide which one. I weigh around 200lbs and had a CR250R but sold it. I like to have power when I need it. I had decided on the 450 but after reading about the woodruff key, I don't know. What do you all think? And what is the deal with the grey wire? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Superbike

Posted May 01, 2003 - 05:07 PM

Coming off a CR250, get the 450. Would you buy a 125? I would not worry too much about the flywheel issue. Yamaha seems to have there finger on it. Mine is un touched other than re-torqing. No problems yet. There is only 10 pounds between them. If you were going with a 250F you would be ahead with the YZ as it is MUCH lighter. The WR 250F does get good reviews as it has a lower seat height and the wieght is lower. 450 man, 450!!!! You will love it. ----Mike

• hookmeup

Posted May 01, 2003 - 06:42 PM

I have a wr450 and my brother has a wr 250 both good bikes, but given your weight and coming off a cr250 I would believe that the wr450 is a better choice. Do not let the fly wheel issue scare you, this can be resolved, some times things are blown alittle out of porpotion. good luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.