uncorking the xr 650l

2 replies to this topic
  • hourout

Posted May 01, 2003 - 04:06 PM

im still working on that crossover project for my cousin. i have the xr650r carb in with a 68 pilot and a 168 main that was sujested. it runs better but is still to rich on the last 1/4 of the throttle. :D he has the stock spark arester removed. :D

on my r there was a restrictor plate to remove :D so is there anything that has to be removed from the airbox in or do i have to go with a smaller main. :) im looking for all the power i can get for him. :D thanks in advance. :D later

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted May 02, 2003 - 01:06 AM

The 650L manifold isn't restricted but the airbox has a restricted opening. You may think about going with a smaller main and moving the needle up for low speed response.

• Hrothgar

Posted May 03, 2003 - 03:46 PM

You can remove the snorkel from the airbox. Look under the seat. It't the piece of plastic held to the top of the airbox by two rivets. Just drill the rivets out. This will let more air in. Also, I would highly recommend the smog block off kit from baja designs.
The single best mod I found for my 650L was an aftermarket exhaust. It works much better than a modified stock exhaust. Check at Lukes Racing , I got an WB E-series S bend slip on for $218 (shipping included).

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.