Stock WR 426 Exhaust Baffle

6 replies to this topic
  • shashank

Posted December 18, 2009 - 08:31 AM

I am looking for a stock yamaha WR 426 exhaust baffle (2001-2002). Will someone let me know if they are interested in getting rid of theirs.

Thanks and happy holidays!

• shashank

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:22 PM

ok does anyone know what the db difference between a stock WR insert and a GYTR insert is? looks like a PMB or a GYTR might be readily available. I looked up PMB and they say it's about 94db for their insert. Could not find the GYTR please

Edited by shashank, December 18, 2009 - 10:23 PM.

• byggd

Posted December 19, 2009 - 05:45 AM

Why would you want to choke your bike like that? I purchased one of these ... nice product.
I still have the OE unit if you really want it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted December 19, 2009 - 05:51 AM

The GYTR insert is rated at 96 dB.

If you want to ride with something quieter then 96 dB, I would highly recommend getting ANYTHING other than the stock peashooter. The stock insert is very quiet, but the performance is horrible. I used to run with a Vortip (not available any more) which was always below 94 dB. I also ran with the GYTR tip for a few years and the performance over the Vortip was noticeable. The problem always was that I would have to sound-check with the Vortip, then put the GYTR tip in to ride. I liked the performance, but didn't like having to technically be illegal using the GYTR. I picked up a used FMF Q for my 01' WR 426 and has been far, far superior to any of the different exhaust tips that I used.This has some decent info regarding exhausts - http://www.thumperfa...ree_exhaust.htm

• shashank

Posted December 19, 2009 - 10:51 AM

byggd and Pooley thanks for the replies... I have a temporary hearing problem(may last 1 yr or more) and the doc has advised against loud noises till my ear drum heals back. I agree with you guys on the performance part. I usually just run it uncorked, but at this point I want the quietest ride possible.... trust me once i get the go ahead from the doc I will pull that thing right out and get a different pipe or a PMB like you guys have suggested.

byggd please let me know how much you want for it + shipping my (also the best way to pay you.... paypal? or others). I can PM you my address.

Thanks again

My Zip code is 83706

Edited by shashank, December 19, 2009 - 11:57 AM.

• byggd

Posted December 20, 2009 - 05:23 AM

I don't want anything for it .... just pay the shipping. How quickly do you need it there?

• shashank

Posted December 20, 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hey thank you so much for offering to send it for free. you guys on TT are awesome.

If can just get it via the regular usps... that should be fine. I Pm'd you my address.

Thanks again!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.