2007-2010 WR450 Exhaust Mod Question

5 replies to this topic
  • Jim813

Posted December 17, 2009 - 06:24 PM

I recently bought a 2008 WR450 exhaust to make my 2008 YZ450f forest legal. Anyway, I am interested in taking out the inner-most baffle, held into the middle baffle by two rivets. After the inner-most baffle is taken out, what do you guys use to plug the holes that the rivets were once in? Or are they just left unfilled?

• SXP

Posted December 17, 2009 - 07:01 PM

I haven't done it, but why not just plug it with rivets again?

• Jim813

Posted December 17, 2009 - 10:35 PM

I haven't done it, but why not just plug it with rivets again?

It could be done that way, but I was just wondering if there was any other solutions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted December 18, 2009 - 02:31 PM

No need to plug those, will not make a difference. If need be I suppose you could put a little JB or expoxy in there.

• grrrr

Posted December 18, 2009 - 09:15 PM

I didn't do anything, never even heard that one before.

• Sasquatch2112

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:03 PM

I didn't put anything in mine.

I recommend the PMB end cap, which is larger anyway, and worth the $$$.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.