Speedometer for 2002 WR426F

6 replies to this topic
  • jcbikes

Posted December 17, 2009 - 04:27 PM

I just dual sported my bike and am looking for a speedometer to replace the stock trip meter. Would prefer one that just replaces it using the mechanical stock cable. Does anyone know if one is compatible from another Yamaha bike or any other manufacturer? Looking for a used one preferably. Just do not want to get a speeding ticket!

• pablo83

Posted December 18, 2009 - 05:34 PM

I use a handlebar mounted GPS as a speedo. It works well.

If you really want one that's cable driven I'd try one from an XT600. I have a TT600 and it uses the same odometer as my WR. The XT is jsut a street legal version of the TT so my guess is the XT speedo runs off the same type of cable.

• jcbikes

Posted December 21, 2009 - 12:49 PM

Pablo,
thanks for your response. was wondering if their are any others that might work?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 22, 2009 - 06:59 AM

jcbikes,
I ordered and installed a factory speedo for a XT 350 Yamaha back in 03 when my bike was new. It hooks up to the existing cable and has never given me a moments hassle. I did however have to fabricate a mount. Also in the TT parts catalog there is a small chrome bodied speedo that will also hook to your cable. It too will need a mount built. They both have a provision to have them lighted. The one in the TT catalog is $60.00 or $70.00 I can't remember. The factory Yamaha unit was $116.00 back in 03 so I'm sure it's more now if it is even available.
Jim

• mrlopez

Posted December 22, 2009 - 07:51 AM

I use trailtech and love it since I use in the street the tachometer also comes in handy plus the water temperature to keep on eye on it

• RichFZR-WR

Posted December 22, 2009 - 02:13 PM

My speedo drive on my wr426 02 is knackered so i went into dealer to get a price for a replacement, i was thinking sort of £30 to £50....£87:foul:, my responce was, well rude.......I can get a trail tech vapour for £80 with all of the features that this system has, I'll be getting one next month when i've payed for christmas.

• jcbikes

Posted December 25, 2009 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.