08 450F Front brake locking up

2 replies to this topic
  • socalracing

Posted December 17, 2009 - 10:17 AM

I went for a ride yesterday and made it about 100 yards from camp and my front brake locked up. I went back to camp, checked the fluid levels and bleed the system. I rode about 4 laps and the front brake locked up again. I loosened the bleeder screw and depressed the front brake lever and it started working. I checked everything and cant find any problems. If anybody has some ideas I would really appreciate your input. I'm afraid to ride the bike because I know it will happen again. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 17, 2009 - 10:21 AM

Change a brake lever recently?

The '08+ requires a different lever than the older models.

• mxmaddman

Posted December 17, 2009 - 03:14 PM

also just make sure there's no debris in between the lever and the master cylinder. If it has been tipped over on that side lately it might have dirt lodged in it.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.