How would you feel?

11 replies to this topic
  • crispix

Posted December 17, 2009 - 08:02 AM

I am looking at a 450. I found it pretty cheap but the only problem is its really far away. I talked to the owner and he agreed to ship it but how would you feel about doing this knowing you cant start it or test ride it? Its an 07 limited addition and looks really clean. I'm just not sure about not being able to start it. Just seeing what you would do. Thanks for all replies

• DPW

Posted December 17, 2009 - 08:23 AM

I would never buy a used bike without seeing it in person and riding it.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 17, 2009 - 08:28 AM

amen DPW....resist the urge and move on to one you can see, touch and ride

• 426 NOOB

Posted December 18, 2009 - 12:00 AM

No way! Dont do it.

• crispix

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:15 AM

Well i think i'm gonna buy it but i'm gonna look at it. its 400 miles away but its an 07 450 and i can get it for 2750. It looks and sounds legit and good condition but we'll see when i get down there.
Thanks for the replies

• Family Man

Posted December 18, 2009 - 02:10 PM

yeah 400 miles isn't to far to drive. Its probably a good idea to have some back ups in-case its roached.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted December 19, 2009 - 07:16 AM

yeah 400 miles isn't to far to drive. Its probably a good idea to have some back ups in-case its roached.

sounds far to me 800 miles round trip, plus gas, and time....

• thumpinberry

Posted December 19, 2009 - 07:21 AM

Well i think i'm gonna buy it but i'm gonna look at it. its 400 miles away but its an 07 450 and i can get it for 2750. It looks and sounds legit and good condition but we'll see when i get down there.
Thanks for the replies

whre is this bike im in tennessee ,i might know it?

• crispix

Posted December 19, 2009 - 07:35 AM

It's in springfield missouri.

• bendawg62

Posted December 19, 2009 - 07:49 AM

meet the guy halfway between where you live and he lives with the agreement that you will buy it , if it is in the condition he claims it to be.

• crispix

Posted December 19, 2009 - 08:01 AM

Well i'm not sure about it anymore. I was going to go all the way and he knocked off 200 dollars for gas but the auction says ended with the buy it now price so i dont know what happen. We'll see in about 2 hrs if he calls back. I think i might be a little bummed. I dont know why people cant stick to their word anymore!!!

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 19, 2009 - 09:08 AM

be careful. I have looked for a friend and declined the first bike we went to look at. I wrote a thread on the entire deal in CRF250R

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.