Black or yellow plastic for YZ426

20 replies to this topic
  • thurgood

Posted December 16, 2009 - 07:28 PM

Anybody know of any vendor that sells all plastic necessary to convert to yellow or black?

I powdercoated my frame black to use with a One Industries Hurricane kit, but can't find anybody that sells that one anymore. I would buy the pieces individually, but can't find that either.

Same goes for black - I can find everything except the radiator shrouds in black.

I'm open to anything that wouldn't look stupid with a black frame at this point, but unfortunately reflex blue is about all I'm turning up for a bike of this age.

• rickyz1984

Posted December 17, 2009 - 12:49 AM

we can get the black in the uk heres a link if it helps http://www.mxgraphic...ck-plastics-kit

• tek_01

Posted December 17, 2009 - 01:15 AM

http://www.ufoplasti...del.php?brand=6

your welcome =)

• thurgood

Posted December 17, 2009 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check to see if they actually have the black in stock now.

I'd prefer yellow, so if anybody knows where to find yellow chime in.

• thurgood

Posted December 17, 2009 - 07:28 PM

Does anybody make yellow other than One Industries or where to get one of those sets?

• yzhaulin

Posted December 17, 2009 - 11:41 PM

Thurgood, there is a set of yellow fenders on ebay, been there a while. i'll add a link.
http://motors.shop.e....c0.m245&_pgn=7
I have some black fenders I got when I bought my 01 I have a set of used front and rear. And a set of new front and rear still in wrap. P.M. if interested.
You can get new black from Polisport on Rockymountain. Heres a link.
http://www.rockymoun...5#vehicleSelect
Here's a pic of my 01 426 w/Hurricane graphics. I'm old school and like the yellow.
Posted Image

• thurgood

Posted December 18, 2009 - 04:53 AM

yzhaulin, I saw the pictures of your bike on this forum and that's what made me decide to do mine the same way. I saw some links for the Hurricane kit from www.afterburnermx.com and www.fastpartsoutlet.com, but they said they are out of stock after you place an order, but do not reflect that online. If I can't get the yellow plastic set, I'll PM about buying your black set.

• coreyl

Posted January 01, 2010 - 11:40 PM

that bike looks great

• Birdy426

Posted January 02, 2010 - 09:57 AM

Contact One Industries directly. While they won't sell directly to you, they will give you the part number for the hurricane kit and then you can go to your local shop and order it. At least as of a year ago, they were still available, but not int he catalogue.

• Wikki

Posted January 02, 2010 - 09:11 PM

yzhaulin, where did you get the seat cover?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LukeYZ426F

Posted January 02, 2010 - 10:21 PM

were did you get the yellow tank?? you bike Looks SICK!!!!

• mike_dean

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:09 AM

were did you get the yellow tank?? you bike Looks SICK!!!!

Got my stock size yellow tank from Clark Manufacturing many years ago, don't have a very good picture though
Posted Image

• mike_dean

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:14 AM

Contact One Industries directly. While they won't sell directly to you, they will give you the part number for the hurricane kit and then you can go to your local shop and order it. At least as of a year ago, they were still available, but not int he catalogue.

Got a replacement tank decal kit for my "00 hurricane kit a few years ago directly from One Ind., because they turned yellow, tried recently to get another and they said it wasn't available anymore, maybe some distributors would have them.

• Laurentian

Posted January 10, 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hi all,
I may try to fit the '03 to '05 kit on my 426.
I have a new black Clarke tank and will try and find some
yellow F & R fenders. As for the shrouds black is OK if ever
I can't find any yellow ones. My frame is powder coated
metallic grey sort of the YZF400 1996 prototype.
Looks good either blue, white or yellow !
May even try going white If I can get a reasonably
priced shroud kit. Any one know of a source for
cutom tank / shroud graphics ?
I'll be tracking this, bike has been in storage since fall 2004,
need to ride this summer :moon:

• yzhaulin

Posted January 11, 2010 - 09:32 PM

Wikki. That seat/cover I baught off e.bay. It was black and blue, The area above the yellow on the caover was all blue on the sides I colored it black and added the white stripes to match the Graphics.It also had a blue stripe that went under the yellow part and ran to the rear of the seat that was also colored in.(coloring was done with a sharpie and a white paint pen.) It doesent look as good now that the white has faded. Time to re color it.
Hey Laurentain, The yellow fenders are still on e.bay. at least 2 days ago they were. Dont know if they are still being made new.

• Laurentian

Posted January 14, 2010 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for reply,
Here is a link to a cutom graphics Co. I found doing
a search on ebay earlier.
http://graphicmx.com/
Looks like they can set us up black, white, yellow or
blue plastics retro theme !
I am partial to the White / Red look as white plastics
are easily obtainable for the 426. I have a black Clark
stock sized tank mentioned earlier so I think I'll go
for the white set-up conversion. Will just have to outlay
for fenders and shrouds.
Posted Image

Later,
Hugh

• lumpy790

Posted January 14, 2010 - 08:06 PM

Decal Works did mine and I am sure they can do 400/426 but you will need to call them
FYI....Moto Hose will have colored silicone radiator hose kits for 400 & 426F's in a couple weeks.

Posted Image

• Laurentian

Posted January 15, 2010 - 06:20 AM

Thanks lumpy, good info!
The name Lumpy rings a bell, wasn't there a Lumpy
back in the day in Dirt Bike Mag ?

• lumpy790

Posted January 15, 2010 - 08:20 AM

I was nick named lumpy in 1982 or 83....... way before the magazine guy.

• J-mca

Posted January 15, 2010 - 01:11 PM

Lumpy, Just clicked your garage... Nice bikes. What a difference those plastics and graphics made on your yz! Makes me wish I hadn't just put all new blue plastics on my bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.