2010 Aftermarket Exhaust System Talk. PC, FMF,

118 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2010 - 11:35 AM

$494.99 for the full 4.1 titaninum system.

What if you could get the same performance for a whole lot less? Anyone shopping and deciding should look into MRD at least once before dropping the big bucks.

• MRD RACING

Posted March 23, 2010 - 11:48 AM

What if you could get the same performance for a whole lot less? Anyone shopping and deciding should look into MRD at least once before dropping the big bucks.

thanks for the plug , I hope my last post doesnt ruffle any feathers , but it kind of insults me when someone is making them self look like a hero when they were taking advantage of the market as long as they could

• gfmoto

Posted March 23, 2010 - 08:17 PM

is the DRD the straight one or the snail type? or was it a slipon ?

the dr.d was a full stainless system

• MRD RACING

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:26 AM

the dr.d was a full stainless system

they have two different systems , 1. has the snail pipe like stock 2. is a short straight pipe , do you know what one it was ?

• gfmoto

Posted March 24, 2010 - 07:30 PM

they have two different systems , 1. has the snail pipe like stock 2. is a short straight pipe , do you know what one it was ?

i'll check and let you know.

• aedwards07

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:00 AM

I didnt think that Dr.D was selling the pipes with the short straight headers.

• grayracer513

Posted March 25, 2010 - 08:18 AM

I didnt think that Dr.D was selling the pipes with the short straight headers.

I don't either. They don't list it that way, nor have they listed a slip-on for a motorcycle for some time now. I think the straight one was an experiment.

• MRD RACING

Posted March 25, 2010 - 03:57 PM

I don't either. They don't list it that way, nor have they listed a slip-on for a motorcycle for some time now. I think the straight one was an experiment.

your probably right but they must have sold a few of the straight ones because I have seen a couple on bikes

• BBrown626

Posted March 25, 2010 - 08:50 PM

We walked into their shop a few months ago to see if they could repair a muffler. They couldn't, so they sold us a new one. No idea why they don't list them on their web site.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davey762

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:54 AM

Just got my yoshimura rs4 ti system in the mail yesturday... hope it performs as well as it looks! The header looks neat, there is a tube connecting the spiral. I have a pic that I can email to someone if they wanna post it up.

• delmas

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:30 PM

MRD exhaust is execellent.i have it on my 07 crf 450
I think he only offers a s lip on for the 2010 yamaha
in fact that is what his site offers.

• grayracer513

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:56 PM

His opinion, based on his testing, is that the stock '10 header is fine the way it is, and that the engine is held back on top by the design of the muffler only. He has gotten good results with the slip-on on this bike, and doesn't feel there is a reason to build and charge for a full exhaust.

• delmas

Posted April 07, 2010 - 05:34 PM

I think Mrd is one of the best. Daves guarantee is second to none.
Slip ons are sold for all bikes and would be considered an upgrade from stock.
MRD is more well known for Hondas.I think this is the first year he has offered a Yamaha product.He is a one man shop and I would think making a complete exhaust for this new Yamaha would a pain.

• grayracer513

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:47 PM

I think this is the first year he has offered a Yamaha product.

It's not. Not even close.

• delmas

Posted April 07, 2010 - 07:15 PM

His opinion, based on his testing, is that the stock '10 header is fine the way it is, and that the engine is held back on top by the design of the muffler only. He has gotten good results with the slip-on on this bike, and doesn't feel there is a reason to build and charge for a full exhaust.

which pipe do you run

• delmas

Posted April 08, 2010 - 11:53 AM

...and Yamaha's race team uses Akro's.

That said, however, it's likely that the engines SM is using are not in a standard state of tune, and that the pipes used are not off-the-shelf units. I run DRD's on both our YZF's and they perform very well over a wide range of speeds, which is what I want. They are also pretty reasonably priced by comparison, as long as you avoid the blingy end of the scale.

Good choice of pipe on the yzf

• grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2010 - 11:54 AM

which pipe do you run

I don't have a '10, so it's a moot point.

• delmas

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:22 PM

Great!
I also like Drd for Yamaha

• motojase316

Posted April 09, 2010 - 09:35 PM

[quote name='FinchFan394'][quote name='Davey762']Thanks for your input. If the shootout and real world testing from the site points me that way i will pick up a drd. The weird thing about the drd is that there is no resonance chamber like the others. I have also heard doug used a straight header with no loop during the vet nationals (which he won). [COLOR="Red"]Shorter header usually means more top power, correct? Longer header equals more bottom end?[/[/COLOR]QUOTE]

That is my understanding.:thumbsup:

BTW I wouldn't trust a shootout or a dyno. I would go with real world and see what some of the guys on here with 2010's have to say. I think there are two guys maybe more with 2010's that already have DrD or are planning on DrD when they take delivery of their bike. Must say something. . .[/QUOTE]

Tried a DEP slip on that goes straight form the stock header pipe and does not use the tornado at the track last week.. It was terrible, turned the bike into a Slug bottom to top.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.