2010 Aftermarket Exhaust System Talk. PC, FMF,

118 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:19 AM

Thumper38, Where do you race? District5, PAMX?

• Thumper38

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:36 AM

yea both, mostly PAMX!

• mediumfast

Posted December 24, 2009 - 09:54 AM

check out the yoshimura website. this is just what i want. well crafted, most likely lighter than stock, mid/top gain, more compact/shorter than stock. now all i need is the bike.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:45 PM

check out the yoshimura website. this is just what i want. well crafted, most likely lighter than stock, mid/top gain, more compact/shorter than stock. now all i need is the bike.

Yes I'm diggin the looks of that pipe, like to hear some feedback on performance

• motojase316

Posted December 28, 2009 - 03:17 AM

Posted Image started testing the DR.D now.

• ZMoney520

Posted December 28, 2009 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image started testing the DR.D now.

What are your thoughts so far. DR.D told me the pipe smoothed out the transition on the bottom and gave it more mid and top. Is that true? I asked them what FI and IG settings Doug was running but I haven't heard back from them on that one. Did they give you any settings to run with their exhaust?

• grunkthump

Posted December 28, 2009 - 07:24 AM

per the writeup in the feb. MXA, the pipe indeed does smooth the transition, beefs up mid, and adds over-rev...they are running the STOCK mapping with the dubach!!

• ZMoney520

Posted December 28, 2009 - 01:53 PM

per the writeup in the feb. MXA, the pipe indeed does smooth the transition, beefs up mid, and adds over-rev...they are running the STOCK mapping with the dubach!!

Thanks. I haven't seen the new MXA yet. I ordered the DRD today and also some Works Connection Radiator Braces.:moon:

• motojase316

Posted December 29, 2009 - 03:31 AM

What are your thoughts so far. DR.D told me the pipe smoothed out the transition on the bottom and gave it more mid and top. Is that true? I asked them what FI and IG settings Doug was running but I haven't heard back from them on that one. Did they give you any settings to run with their exhaust?

Yeah, exactly that and gives better over rev... I have tried it with map #1 #4 and stock #9 on the controller. very happy with the results.

• ZMoney520

Posted December 29, 2009 - 06:40 AM

Yeah, exactly that and gives better over rev... I have tried it with map #1 #4 and stock #9 on the controller. very happy with the results.

When you refer to map #1 and #4 are those the same ones posted on here somewhere from MXA?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davey762

Posted December 30, 2009 - 05:33 AM

When you refer to map #1 and #4 are those the same ones posted on here somewhere from MXA?

TTT, also wondering.

• smee23

Posted December 30, 2009 - 09:17 AM

I will be getting my DR. D on thursday they told me to run it on the stock setting I will let you guys know how it goes.

• honda597

Posted December 30, 2009 - 01:58 PM

I will be getting my DR. D on thursday they told me to run it on the stock setting I will let you guys know how it goes.

+1:thumbsup:
Have played quite a bit with this pipe and the stock settings seem to suit this pipe a treat. The best part is the overrev is improved greatly.

• motojase316

Posted January 03, 2010 - 01:39 AM

TTT, also wondering.

Those maps #1 and #4 etc are pre programed in the GYTR controller.

• ZMoney520

Posted January 03, 2010 - 06:23 AM

Those maps #1 and #4 etc are pre programed in the GYTR controller.

The GYTR controller I got has 9 maps in it but they are all set to stock. I believe most the people I have read about on here has the same condition. If you have one that has presets, please tell us what the FI and IG settings are in each map. Thanks!:moon:

• motojase316

Posted January 07, 2010 - 03:04 AM

The GYTR controller I got has 9 maps in it but they are all set to stock. I believe most the people I have read about on here has the same condition. If you have one that has presets, please tell us what the FI and IG settings are in each map. Thanks!:moon:

the maps from 1 to 9 in my controller are dramatically different on the track, I have stayed on #4 map # 9 (stock) is too aggressive for my riding style.

• smee23

Posted January 07, 2010 - 09:32 AM

I got my DRD pipe it ia awesome the pipe really woke this beast up, I would say the Over rev is the biggest change. The only thing about the pipe I don't like is the sound it has kind of an off noise on the top, but it seemed to give this bike something in every part of the powerband. And yes I ran it on stock setting only. I also have the programer and I don't understand what you guys are saying about the map's. All of the maps in mine are set to 0 map's 4 and 9 are the same all 0's. Any info on this would be appreciated

• ZMoney520

Posted January 07, 2010 - 12:38 PM

I got my DRD pipe it ia awesome the pipe really woke this beast up, I would say the Over rev is the biggest change. The only thing about the pipe I don't like is the sound it has kind of an off noise on the top, but it seemed to give this bike something in every part of the powerband. And yes I ran it on stock setting only. I also have the programer and I don't understand what you guys are saying about the map's. All of the maps in mine are set to 0 map's 4 and 9 are the same all 0's. Any info on this would be appreciated

Thanks for the report on the exhaust. I just put my DRD on this week but it will be a week or so before I get to ride it.

My controller is the same as yours. All settings are 0. My understanding is they are all that way. If this other guys has different maps then I wish he would post the settings for each map.

• Mike546

Posted January 07, 2010 - 01:05 PM

the maps from 1 to 9 in my controller are dramatically different on the track, I have stayed on #4 map # 9 (stock) is too aggressive for my riding style.

Can you please post up the maps you have and a brief description of the differences.
Thanks
Mike

• honda597

Posted January 07, 2010 - 04:52 PM

I was amazed to see today while reading one of the local mags, that some company's are actually offing maps for a certain cost.

$250 (AU) gets you 6 maps. Hardpack mx, sand/loam mx, off road/enduro, supercross and 2 maps for mx with the GYTR pipe.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.