2010 Aftermarket Exhaust System Talk. PC, FMF,

118 replies to this topic
  • DMauro

Posted December 16, 2009 - 05:56 PM

those pipe are for noise reduction,they are trying to pass the sound tests with out sacraficing power.

• KJ790

Posted December 16, 2009 - 06:14 PM

I wouldn't bother with FMF or PC and I definately wouldn't buy Ak. I am willing to bet none of them will perform as well as the Dr.D system. Dubach has been a factory test rider for Yamaha for many moons.

There are certain exhaust fundamentals that always hold true. I'm sure that FMF, Pro Circuit, and Akropovic have figured these out over the last 20-30+ years each one has been in business.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 16, 2009 - 07:13 PM

There are certain exhaust fundamentals that always hold true. I'm sure that FMF, Pro Circuit, and Akropovic have figured these out over the last 20-30+ years each one has been in business.

I won't disagree with ya there but all a pipe is good for on a 450 is bling other than the 08,09's. The gains are rather small and most of the gains people are getting are prob from rejetting. If they simply rejetted they would probably gain almost the same amount as the stock system. I do agree there are power gains and all but I would be able to go faster by spending $600-1000 on suspension rather than exhaust.

• motojase316

Posted December 17, 2009 - 04:48 AM

I have bought a DR.D full system, it has been sitting in the box waiting to go on for 3 weeks now, I am still playing with the power tuner and stock pipe with great results. Might fit the DR.D for this weekend.

• mxracer187

Posted December 17, 2009 - 07:14 PM

im new to the monster bikes (450f's) but on my 250 i had the suspension revalved before any motor work. im not fast so for me handling will be my first priority with this one as well. as far as power goes. in the spring time i think ill get a tuner and see what i can do with that. then ill toy with sprockets and such before buying a pipe.

Ya the pipe will be needed for top-end but like you said suspension is the most important part of your bike if you dont have it set up ull never use all that power, no matter what level rider you are if your not set up you cant ride to your full potential

• ProjectDIRT

Posted December 17, 2009 - 07:50 PM

i think im getting the new fmf design ill find out monday. there making me something but wont say what.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 18, 2009 - 07:18 PM

I'M going to get the DRD carbon fiber one when my 2010 arrives. I'v had good luck with the DRD on my 06. I was thinking of the FMF but decided with the DRD cause with my discount with them it was $20 bucks cheaper for the carbon fiber full exhaust than the 4.1 full exhaust by FMF.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 19, 2009 - 08:13 AM

If money was no object I would go with the Akropovic. It's sweet and the quality is the best

• Thumper38

Posted December 20, 2009 - 05:51 AM

The new FMF design is up on there website, its sweet looking! has anyone tried any exhaust systems yet?

• mxracer187

Posted December 20, 2009 - 06:54 AM

The new FMF design is up on there website, its sweet looking! has anyone tried any exhaust systems yet?

I talked to a guy in australia the other day he has the dr.d on his he said that it gave it more everywhere and helped alot on top and over rev was alot better

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted December 20, 2009 - 07:10 AM

If money was no object I would go with the Akropovic. It's sweet and the quality is the best

agreed, I have one on my '08. There are two lines the Evolution, which is titanium and $$$$ and then there is the Racing line and the only difference is it's made of stainless steel and a lot cheaper...same performance between the two....still $$$ though....

• Thumper38

Posted December 20, 2009 - 02:14 PM

I have bought a DR.D full system, it has been sitting in the box waiting to go on for 3 weeks now, I am still playing with the power tuner and stock pipe with great results. Might fit the DR.D for this weekend.

What tunes have you come up with?

• NE14MX

Posted December 22, 2009 - 09:18 AM

I wrote to Dave of MRD. He says he will be working on a pipe for the 2010 YZ450F too. I don't have one but everyone in the CRF forum seems to love there's. It probably won't be ti but between his pricing, custom tuning and replacement guarentee, it may be a good candidate too.

• Davey762

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:45 AM

http://www.yoshimura..._10_YZ450F.aspx

2010 Yoshimura exhaust... looks good. Seems to be so many different designs out there it will be interesting to see which one performs the best..

• LIL ROG

Posted December 23, 2009 - 11:17 AM

the new fmf design looks crazy

• Mg25

Posted December 23, 2009 - 02:17 PM

You also have the Leo Vince X3 system. What I understand it makes good power, is quiet and the packing last long.
They have one in titanium and one in stainless.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 23, 2009 - 03:01 PM

the new fmf design looks crazy

i just bought one for my 2010 yz450f that hasnt arrived yet.:moon:

Edited by CaptainKnobby, December 23, 2009 - 07:14 PM.

• aedwards07

Posted December 23, 2009 - 05:39 PM

I have the Yosh ordered for mine.So when it comes in I will give a review on it.

• Thumper38

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:14 AM

I have been pondering the FMF system but have not pulled the trigger yet! The 20% and the deal I get from my dealership is very tempting! I need someone to twist my arm a little! hahaha

• krony506

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:18 AM

i have been pondering the fmf system but have not pulled the trigger yet! The 20% and the deal i get from my dealership is very tempting! I need someone to twist my arm a little! Hahaha

dooooo iiittttttt!!!!!!!! Lol!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.