Leo Vince X3 mod

4 replies to this topic
  • g-powerr

Posted December 15, 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hi,
I have a Leo Vince X3 on my 2000 WR400 and when I repacked it I noticed that it has a baffle in the middle of the inner perforated pipe. What will be the result if I drill couple of holes in that baffle? Will I gain power or just ruin the expensive Leo Vince? Will I damage the engine if I do that? I know it's popular to do it on a stock muffler but have anyone done that on an aftermarket exhaust?
Thanks!

• klossWR450

Posted December 16, 2009 - 01:16 AM

you won't damage the engine, I understand there is a plate across roughly in the middle, if you drill it or best remove it you'll get a free flowing exhaust and it will be LOUD, and possibly gain some hp with correct jetting

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • g-powerr

Posted December 18, 2009 - 12:42 AM

you won't damage the engine, I understand there is a plate across roughly in the middle, if you drill it or best remove it you'll get a free flowing exhaust and it will be LOUD, and possibly gain some hp with correct jetting

I tried to remove the baffle but it wouldn't come out, it looks like it is welded...it's not a problem if the exhaust becomes loud, now with the baffle in it sounds even noiseless than stock...

• klossWR450

Posted December 18, 2009 - 01:46 AM

it is welded, just cut it out, punch it out or drill it , power gains might happen but most likely you will need to change jetting

• 1996CC

Posted December 18, 2009 - 10:01 PM

Leave it alone. Trails are getting closed because of noise. You won't use the extra power it there is any anyway...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.