Finally getting my WR 450

6 replies to this topic
  • JerseyDirt

Posted May 01, 2003 - 04:27 AM

Well guys, after months of going back and forth beetween deciding between WRs and EXCs, I'm finally buying a WR450. I have found a great deal on a one month old bike and will be picking it up this Sunday. The seller even agreed to meet me halfway of the 900 miles which seperate us. The bike comes with a title which has no mention of the bike being "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY", so i will try to get it registered. Any advice for what I should look for (as far as problems) on an almost brand new bike? I know the woodruff key was fixed by dealer. Well, cant wait to get it and post my review :)

JD

• ckulzer

Posted May 01, 2003 - 05:04 AM

JD,
How much did you pay for it?

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 01, 2003 - 05:05 AM

Congratulations! I hope everything goes alright when you go to pick it up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JerseyDirt

Posted May 01, 2003 - 05:11 AM

I paid $5250

• bbarer

Posted May 01, 2003 - 06:50 AM

Ask to see a copy of the title.......Mine has a paragraph on it stating offroad only. I find it hard to believe unless it has been altered that this one would be any different.

• JerseyDirt

Posted May 01, 2003 - 07:01 AM

I have a copy and it looks good. No mention of off-road use only.

• HighPlainsWR

Posted May 01, 2003 - 01:48 PM

Jersey, just emailed you regarding the R4 pipe. As far as checking out the bike (too late now?), look for the stamping next to the VIN that identifies the TSB Yamaha was to perfrom on the woodruff debacle. Other than that the proof is in the pudding (ride it!). You're going to like that bike ! Here in rural CO I ride my street legal WR450 to the grocery store to buy milk. Get yours street legal and show those pretty street bikes what the real deal is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.