YZ450F 2010 FI & IG Map Settings?

47 replies to this topic
  • beton6

Posted December 24, 2009 - 10:17 AM

I also have a question about the manual, it says not to go over +/- 3 on adjecent settings, so, does that mean on the same throttle opening?

Wathcing the first setting of the MXA mag, its well over 3 from the low to mid range, any ideas?

• freerider_australia

Posted December 24, 2009 - 04:23 PM

Which one did you like best?

i am using the first map more for traction but when i get a bit more confident i will go to stock but the beauty is it takes about 30 seconds to change maps
fi in dirt bikes is a whole new world and yamaha has made it easy

• grayracer513

Posted December 24, 2009 - 09:51 PM

I also have a question about the manual, it says not to go over +/- 3 on adjecent settings, so, does that mean on the same throttle opening?

Wathcing the first setting of the MXA mag, its well over 3 from the low to mid range, any ideas?

I would take that to mean just what it says; no two adjacent settings on the map should be more than 3 steps different. As an an example, a map like this might be acceptable:

Fuel Injection (FI)
-2 -5 -5
-2 -5 -5

-2 -3 -3

But this would not:
Fuel Injection (FI)
-2 -5 -5
-1 -5 -5
-1 -3 -3

(These are only for the sake of illustrating the point, and not as a recommendation)

• beton6

Posted December 25, 2009 - 08:11 AM

I would take that to mean just what it says; no two adjacent settings on the map should be more than 3 steps different. As an an example, a map like this might be acceptable:

Fuel Injection (FI)
-2 -5 -5
-2 -5 -5

-2 -3 -3

But this would not:
Fuel Injection (FI)
-2 -5 -5
-1 -5 -5
-1 -3 -3

(These are only for the sake of illustrating the point, and not as a recommendation)

That is what I thought, but when I saw the MXA first recomended setting, it made me wonder.. so if you program it like that it will probably cause some issue with the bike.

• grayracer513

Posted December 25, 2009 - 08:17 AM

That is what I thought, but when I saw the MXA first recomended setting, it made me wonder.. so if you program it like that it will probably cause some issue with the bike.

Their first one is OK, but their 3rd one definitely is at odds with the +/- 3 rule. But it worked for them, I guess. :moon:

• ZMoney520

Posted December 25, 2009 - 08:54 AM

Their first one is OK, but their 3rd one definitely is at odds with the +/- 3 rule. But it worked for them, I guess. :moon:

How is the first one OK? It looks worse than the other ones to me. It goes from -4 to +4 and back to -4(hard to tell -/+ on my screen so I apologize if I am seeing it wrong).

• grayracer513

Posted December 25, 2009 - 10:08 AM

How is the first one OK? It looks worse than the other ones to me. It goes from -4 to +4 and back to -4(hard to tell -/+ on my screen so I apologize if I am seeing it wrong).

No, you're right, it was I who missed that detail.

The really interesting thing is that the those two maps aren't MXA's per se, they're Yamaha's, right from the technician's tuner manual. So, I'd say that the +/- 3 "rule" is advisory at best, wouldn't you? I can see where a huge, sudden shift in igniton timing could lead to some sort of difficulty, but it obviously doesn't in every case.

Setting for improved drivability
For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users.
Fuel Injection (FI)
-4 +4 -4
-4 +4 -4
-4 +4 -4
Igntion (IG)
+2 -5 +2
+2 -5 +2
+2 -5 +2
Setting for improved response
This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively.
Fuel Injection (FI)
-2 -4 -4
-2 -4 -4
-2 -2 -2
Igntion (IG)
+3 +2 +2
+3 +3 +2
+3 +3 +3

• freerider_australia

Posted December 25, 2009 - 11:34 PM

greyracer any more maps from the technician's tuner manual.

• grayracer513

Posted December 26, 2009 - 07:37 AM

I haven't seen the manual. The "improved driveability" and "improved response" maps have been posted multiple times.

• Skotten

Posted March 29, 2010 - 08:39 AM

The manual states

" The difference between adjustment values of adjacent areas should be within +/-3 "

From what I read in the book or what I think I read was, that the values should not be more than 7 positions between them or ???

e.g.

-3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3

As I was leaving the shop the last thing the guy said was

"read the manual carefully so you don´t seize the motor"

My tuner cost 3700:- krona a whopping 513 dollars. I kinda regret that now :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fireball722

Posted March 30, 2010 - 02:03 PM

I don't know wich one of you have reason but the jay marmont map had a larger gap do you think it's safe to use this one ?

TP FI
4/4 -1 +3 -2
1/2 +3 [COLOR="Red"]+4 -3[/COLOR]
1/4 -2 -3 -2
TP IG
4/4 +2 +2 +2
1/2 +2 +4 +2
1/4 +2 +4 +4
Very aggressive map. Also suits the DRD pipe also.

• grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2010 - 02:19 PM

A lot of the maps in use have >7 shifts in them. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• fraser

Posted March 30, 2010 - 11:50 PM

Jay Marmont Map

FI
-1 [COLOR="Red"]+3[/COLOR] -2
[COLOR="red"]+3[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]+4 [/COLOR] -3
-2 -3 -2
IG
+2 +2 +2
+2 +4 +2
+2 +4 +4

Yam linear power/easy revving map

FI
-2 [COLOR="Red"]-4[/COLOR] -4
[COLOR="red"]-2[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]-4[/COLOR] -4
-2 -2 -2
Igntion (IG)
+3 +2 +2
+3 +3 +2
+3 +3 +3

Looking at these two maps next to each other, there are subtle differences eg Jay's map has slightly higher FI settings at full revs, but mostly the numbers/overall patterns are close. Apart from the highlighted red area. Jay's values in the FI setting for upper mid throttle is radically different, presumably a + setting adds more fuel? So does this give it a bigger upper mid range hit?
I'm really very amateur at this but want to gain an understanding of what these settings mean,
cheers

• fireball722

Posted April 04, 2010 - 04:06 AM

I run now the jay Marmont map and it help over the stock for me but looking for more over rev does someone have an idea what to do . ps. I run DRD pipe system

• fireball722

Posted April 09, 2010 - 01:22 PM

no one have found a way to find more over rev ?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 09, 2010 - 02:23 PM

How can you even over rev it with the stock map? (other than a panic rev)

• norcal_hoss

Posted April 09, 2010 - 03:28 PM

Ran the Jay Marmont map today at Hangtown and really liked it. Put it in a few other friends bikes and they were pretty pumped on it also. Mid range pull through top is pretty aggressive .. I love it.

• delmas

Posted April 09, 2010 - 05:20 PM

I like the Yamaha map for sharpe throttle responce quick rev low to mid .
It is on the yamaha website

• fireball722

Posted April 12, 2010 - 04:21 PM

second ride now , I really think something hapenned to my bike like a safe mode the first hour or so . now the over rev is pretty fair the handling is awesome , suspension made by Superoir suspension settings (SSS) is awesome I really love this bike . the only things I ' ve done change the sproket with a 49 , and change my oil. now it's a race bike !!!!

• Swiss_Dirtrider

Posted April 13, 2010 - 12:22 AM

i like the "Broad Powerband" map from MXA the most so far! Its very easy to ride with a powerful feel. And i pulled every holeshot in my class since! So easy and dominant i couldn't believe it first. The bike shoots forward like a rocket without lifting the front an inch! Of course, there is proper technique needed, and a starting device, but the map fits perfect for me to start! (And where else can you pass 40 riders at once...?)

give it a try :thumbsup:

Regards

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.