8 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 21, 2000 - 08:55 PM

Hey everyone...talked with my local HONDA dealer today...Looks like HONDA is jumping into the ring with full on FOUR-STROKE motocross machine for 2001.

According to the certified Honda mechanics, they tell me they are soon going into Honda school to learn about the NEVER BEFORE BEEN SEEN killer new HONDA 4 STROKE thumper engine....official details on cc displacement are being kept hush for now..but not for this machine is supposed to hit motocross tracks in full production for 2001, in a full on CR aluminum motocross holds barred here! The power is supposed to be unheard of!!

Oh, and apparently it weighs ONLY 8 pounds more than the 2001 CR250(which is lightest in it's class!!) Hello! I can't wait!!
You can check this baby out and actuall listen to it at !! It sounds ferocious yet smooth!! :)

Awaiting the new HONDA beast,

• MXOldtimer

Posted September 21, 2000 - 09:53 PM

Ferocious ? it sounded pretty weak to me . Ferocious is a popping banging flame throwing 426. If you listen closly you can tell that the new Honda thumper is a 175 cc mellow cam, with single int. & exh. valves. You can also tell by the tame exaust note that the bike weighs between 284 to 286 pounds dry and the graphics have already wore through. The thing that shocked me is why ? Honda went back to the 23" front rim and a 17" rear, that must account for the head shake I could hear in the sound clip. Other than the fadding plastic and bing carb used it shouldnt be a bad bike for beginers to learn to ride on ,OHHH why did they use ROD IRON for the sub frame and NO AIR FILTER !

• Numpsy

Posted September 21, 2000 - 10:00 PM

I have heard something about this bike too.
Seems like it will be a 450cc w/c engine pushing this bike forward.
I have also been told two diffrent rear suspentions have been tried.
One model with a conventional Fox damper and one with air-suspention.
I tell you: It sounds a bit corny to me !!!
My father has ordered one and it will be no.5 in Sweden.........

• holeshot

Posted September 22, 2000 - 05:16 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sully

Posted September 22, 2000 - 11:20 PM

Get this honda crap off our 426 forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

• daveyg

Posted September 23, 2000 - 10:28 PM

Went to and couldn't find the Mystery 4 stroke anywhere. What's this about Fox suspesion and air suspension? You know Honda is either going to use KYB or Showa. Well, if anyone could tell me how to see this thing, I'd love to see what they have to offer. Nothing at though.

• DR.billZ

Posted September 26, 2000 - 06:59 AM

Sorry for the intrusion of a DRZ owner, but I could have sworn the Honda site said it's new bike was a 2002 model........right now it looks a lot like a Cannondale......I think they both share the same new stealth body work.

• Numpsy

Posted September 26, 2000 - 10:21 PM

I got the word today that the new CR 450 will be shipped to the Honda factory riders early -01 and to the open marked during the summer.
And You all know Honda ?!? Have they ever keept their promise of "opening" dates.....
The rear suspention storie is apperently only for test at this point.
I know that Honda use Showa and KYB but at this stage its all about roumors i think....

• Tim

Posted September 27, 2000 - 01:01 PM

Hate to sound like a Yammie lifer, but I agree this thing sounds week. Very much like a lame XR200.
Take care

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.