• TARKaw

Posted December 14, 2009 - 11:09 AM

As I am perusing the owners manual for my new to me '01YZ, I noticed this;

FLAP
[COLOR="Blue"]In order to prevent water from entering the carburetor
while the motorcycle is operated in the
rain, attach the accessory flap 1 to the frame
at the rear of the fuel tank.[/COLOR]

Really? I have never owned a bike that had a flap available for installation during the rain. Anybody use this flap or have had negative affects if not using it?

Thanks for your knowledge
Troy

• grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2009 - 11:17 AM

All '03 and later models came with it installed. It's supposed to help prevent water from entering the air box by splashing up and back between the tank and seat.

• rmx250rider

Posted December 14, 2009 - 11:23 AM

I put 2 on mine, helps me relax a little when I go thur a huge puddle

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARKaw

Posted December 14, 2009 - 11:27 AM

Interesting... sounds like i better start looking for one on Ebay. Once I see a full picture maybe I can make one myself??

• cowboyona426

Posted December 14, 2009 - 12:12 PM

I wouldn't lose sleep over not having one. IIRC my 00 came with one installed, my 06 has one also.

• coreyl

Posted January 01, 2010 - 11:58 PM

it is pretty much just a rubber sheet going over the rear of the gas tank it shouldnt be that hard to make at home

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.