09 YZ450 GYTR Race Head

13 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 03:59 AM

I was wanting to spice up the top end of my 09 but couldn't remember the part numbers for the GYTR race head. The 2010 shows it on their accessories web site but not for the 09. If I remember correctly the only place to find it was on the four wheeler page of the yamaha web site.(IT was for a yfz450, but I'm not sure). I just want to make sure prior to flopping down $1500 on it. Any insight?, and has anyone used it? I would be going with the high compression piston as well.

• rjcook450

Posted December 14, 2009 - 04:27 AM

its the same head as used on the atv. i havent used one, but know a guy that has one on his 450r, he likes it for flat tracking.

• DPW

Posted December 14, 2009 - 05:43 AM

I think jeffboyd47m has a GYTR head and cams for sale or did...I'd drop him a PM.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=808071

• davbrucas

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:53 AM

Just send your current head to Ron Hamp. You will get MUCH better results and he will replace anything that needs replacing and you still wont be paying $1500. He goes by RHC on here. I have ridden a bike with his head mods and it is very fast. Comes on like a small shot of nitrous!

• nickeenoo

Posted December 14, 2009 - 08:21 AM

I'll second talking to Jeff Boyd. I talked to him a few weeks ago and he still had a ton of parts available for 06-09 models including the GYTR head.

Nate

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 05:10 PM

Just send your current head to Ron Hamp. You will get MUCH better results and he will replace anything that needs replacing and you still wont be paying $1500. He goes by RHC on here. I have ridden a bike with his head mods and it is very fast. Comes on like a small shot of nitrous!

thats an idea, the head is brand new. I haven't even started it. The GYTR head is supposed to be near perfect through machining process. From what I head, porting by habd wouldn't be as effective, plus the GYTR head has new valves cams ect. Then when I sell, I could just the stock head and piston back in it.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 05:18 PM

I think jeffboyd47m has a GYTR head and cams for sale or did...I'd drop him a PM.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=808071

Thanks for the info, I PM him

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:07 PM

The GYTR head is supposed to be near perfect through machining process. From what I heard, porting by habd wouldn't be as effective,

From what I heard government spending stimulates the economy. :moon:

Ron Hamp is the only man alive that I know of who has pushed a 450cc Yamaha beyond 60 hp for real, and his heads are the key to the whole thing. He's put a lot of guys on National flat track podiums. The 5 valve head is, um, difficult to work with. Ron uses 5 axis machinery, too, you know.

• davbrucas

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:42 PM

Yup...Ron Hamp is the man when it comes to making these bikes fly. Give him a call and discuss your options with him.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 08:30 PM

From what I heard government spending stimulates the economy. :moon:

Ron Hamp is the only man alive that I know of who has pushed a 450cc Yamaha beyond 60 hp for real, and his heads are the key to the whole thing. He's put a lot of guys on National flat track podiums. The 5 valve head is, um, difficult to work with. Ron uses 5 axis machinery, too, you know.

How much do you think Ron would charge and I know you cant speak for him, but approximately. Definitely want to hook it up but don't want to spend a lot.

• grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2009 - 08:56 PM

... don't want to spend a lot.

Ron is the top of the line. I don't know what he charges, but I imagine he gets what he's worth. If you want to play, you have to ante up.

• KJ790

Posted December 15, 2009 - 05:09 AM

Jesse Williams is another person who is very good with the 5-valve heads. His prices are pretty fair (I don't know what Ron charges, but probably in the same ballpark). Just another option to go with. Going with someone like Ron or Jesse will cost you about 1/3 the price of the GYT-R head and will yield you the same results, but you won't have a spare head on your shelf when all is said and done.

• grayracer513

Posted December 15, 2009 - 07:56 AM

Going with someone like Ron or Jesse will cost you about 1/3 the price of the GYT-R head and will yield you the same results,

...or better. In Ron's case, as I recall, he also had a custom piston crown design that contributed to better chamber filling.

• davbrucas

Posted December 15, 2009 - 07:57 AM

www.ronhamp.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.