air box snorkel *DELETED*

3 replies to this topic
  • idaho 450

Posted April 30, 2003 - 04:04 PM

Post deleted by idaho 450

• Desracer

Posted April 30, 2003 - 05:30 PM

Remove the battery, then using 2 flat tip screwdrivers pry the battery side wall gently away from the insert. There is a tab in the center that holds the insert in place. I used a large pair of pliers to pull the insert out. It looks like a cheap pair of binoculars. A buddy to help makes it easy. Good Luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentcarl84

Posted May 01, 2003 - 02:21 PM

Is that all there is to it. If this is done and the grey wire is cut will I have to re-jet. I have only removed the baffle so far and it is only a matter of a liitle while before i do these mods.

• Desracer

Posted May 01, 2003 - 06:16 PM

It is easy to remove. I have a 48 pilot and 155 main and did the grey wire. When cold use 3 full twists of the throttle and hit the button with the choke on for an easy start. With this jetting I made it 61 miles on the main tank with the stock exhaust insert. At 30 miles the engine ran better and again an improvement at 60 miles. I now have added the GYT tip and performance is better with smoother low end and easier rev. Rain has stopped my riding for now. Neat bike!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.