07 wr 450

3 replies to this topic
  • jmill22365

Posted December 13, 2009 - 10:54 AM

I have an 07 WR 450 that had a starter go bad. The windings are coming apart inside and causing the starter to drag real bad. Anyone else have this problem? The local shop say they have never seen this before. Not real cheap to replace.

Posted December 13, 2009 - 12:58 PM

Yes it happened to my friend within the first year of ownership. It's not often but it is a documented failure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ginop22

Posted December 22, 2009 - 03:19 PM

I had the same problem on my 07 WR. Turns out that the windings on the started had some undone and shorted out some of my electrical components. After replacing the started and testing it a couple of times we thought we had it dialed. But after the 3rd or 4th test on/off the started didn't want to stop cranking. Turns out that one of the diodes was fried and had to replace that.

• jmill22365

Posted January 02, 2010 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Putting in the new starter today. Keeping my fingers crossed it didn't damage anything else.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.