Front Brake adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • silentZ

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:15 AM

Does anyone know how to adjust the brake? I am trying to get my controls set up so I can drag the front and have a larger margin of movement with the brake

The manual is not giving me much info.

On my 08 450, I would like to be able to pull the lever to my knuckles (with that being the highest level of stoppage.)

Thanks

• l_campionero

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:26 AM

What do you mean by 'adjust the brake'? Do mean the angle of the lever? I believe the lever has an adjustable set screw that allows for a longer or shorter reach, doesn't it?

http://parts.yamaha-...50850,2,0,sport

Just loosen the lock nut and turn the screw in or out to set the preferred reach length.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:30 AM

There is no adjustment on disc brakes; they self adjust. However, the reach of the lever is adjustable via the screw within the lever assembly itself, so you can set it up more or less the way you like it.

• psmith85

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:32 AM

U R corect. There is an 'throw' adjustment screw and nut on the handle. Pull back the rubber cover and u will see it. I think u need an 8mm and 10mm.

• silentZ

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:34 AM

ok thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.