2010 manuel

12 replies to this topic
  • jeff14

Posted December 13, 2009 - 08:58 AM

Can anybody with their owners manual for their 2010 450 please confirm the engine oil volume. I have not received my manual yet. when changing the oil for the first time I drained out apx 2 quarts. seemed high. I presently put 1 liter back in ran for 3 minutes & let set for 3 & the oil level is apx 1/2 way in the sight window. Just curious what the manual says w & w/o filter . Thanks in advance . Jeff

• smithjeb

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:16 AM

My manual is at the house - bring your bike over - I will figure out how much oil it takes, you can pick it back up after Christmas. - Jeremy

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:16 AM

It's exactly the same as the '06+; 1 liter with a filter, 1 quart without.

Download a manual at: http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• smithjeb

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:24 AM

Looks like we can work a deal - you have a bike and no manual - I have a manual and no bike.....

Here you go: It is online http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php

Go here and search for 2010.

I looked it up - looks like 0.95L with no filter, 1.0L w/ filter and 1.2L total.

• smithjeb

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:31 AM

Gray - ya beat me to it...this board has got all the answers.

• Thumper38

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:37 AM

Has anyone found a copy that we can print???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • honda597

Posted December 13, 2009 - 11:33 AM

Looks like we can work a deal - you have a bike and no manual - I have a manual and no bike.....

Here you go: It is online http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php

Go here and search for 2010.

I looked it up - looks like 0.95L with no filter, 1.0L w/ filter and 1.2L total.

You are correct my friend. 950ml without filter 1000ml with filter, 1200ml total,:banghead:

• aedwards07

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Has anyone found a copy that we can print???

Email me.crf50rider275@yahoo.com

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 13, 2009 - 06:08 PM

Is 1 liter...........> (1 quart and 8 ounces) That is the amount i always put in my 06 with filter change.

If my memory serves me right the manual said with oil filter change it would be 1.06 . But at the bottom it said 1.27 qt total which is the one I went by.

Reason i went with 1.27 qt is when after putting in 1.27 (the .27) being a fourth of the quart which is almost a cup (8 ounces). It put my oil level on the dip stick to where it said it should be (middle ways)

I just read ounces better than litter's unless I'm hitting the liquer bottle and I read liter's better then.:moon:

• racerxx276

Posted December 13, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Funny thing is I changed the oil, no filter. Put in 1000ml and it didn't show up in the new oil window.... I had to put in another 300 ml to get it in the center of the window. Not sure whats up with that!

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2009 - 08:03 PM

Funny thing is I changed the oil, no filter. Put in 1000ml and it didn't show up in the new oil window.... I had to put in another 300 ml to get it in the center of the window. Not sure whats up with that!

You ran it for a few minutes before checking? The manual I'm referencing is the online Australian one. The specs could be erroneous, although I wouldn't think so.

Is 1 liter...........> (1 quart and 8 ounces) That is the amount i always put in my 06 with filter change.

If my memory serves me right the manual said with oil filter change it would be 1.06 . But at the bottom it said 1.27 qt total which is the one I went by.

Reason i went with 1.27 qt is when after putting in 1.27 (the .27) being a fourth of the quart which is almost a cup (8 ounces). It put my oil level on the dip stick to where it said it should be (middle ways)

Yours is an '06, so it's a different situation.

No. One liter (1.06 quarts) is 33.8 ounces. Almost all oil bottles have a 1 liter mark on them even though they hold a quart. just fill a full bottle to the 1 liter mark from another one and dump it in.

1.27 quarts is 40.6 ounces, and that is the amount that would be required to fill the engine after a rebuild. The reason this will not show up as excess on your dipstick is because the tank won't hold any more than the amount required to bring it to the full line. The other 6 ounces are being forced back to the crankcase via the pressure balance hose.

• racerxx276

Posted December 13, 2009 - 11:46 PM

I have the US manual which states the same, 1000ml to fill it. I ran it for a full min and no oil in the window? kept adding 100 ml till it showed in the middle of the window.

• grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2009 - 12:18 AM

As far as I know, there is only one version of the English text, but what I mean is that the oil capacities may be information erroneously carried over from the last manual. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.