Hour Meters

28 replies to this topic
  • stealman

Posted February 23, 2010 - 09:45 AM

I'm looking for feed back on the cheap hr meters some of you have bought from ebay. I have two and nether of them works. It takes 15 min. or more for the meter to move 1/10th. of an hr. and the blinking icon blinks erratically. The ebay seller is trying to tell me that I have a bad connection. I hooked a sendec meter to the same wire connection and it works. Is any one having any luck with these?

• cowboyona426

Posted February 23, 2010 - 10:21 AM

Just installed mine on my 09 YZ450f. I use the ones right from Yamaha. It has Hours and Tach. The coil is extra in case I have to pull the plug. Here is a pic.
Posted Image

I see someone took my advice on wrapping the hour meter wire with electrical tape for an almost factory looking install :thumbsup: Rather than coil the wire like you did, I made an "S" bend with the wire and tucked it into a zip tie up on the frame. Looks really clean that way.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 23, 2010 - 11:21 AM

I have 2010 450f and believe i will get the tach/hour meter for it even though I have a tuner. i just like to see the hours without having to plug the tuner in.

• Mike546

Posted February 23, 2010 - 01:12 PM

Havent had a problem with mine but in the future I will get a SenDec for a few dollars more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lexxu

Posted February 24, 2010 - 12:35 AM

I'm looking for feed back on the cheap hr meters some of you have bought from ebay. I have two and nether of them works. It takes 15 min. or more for the meter to move 1/10th. of an hr. and the blinking icon blinks erratically. The ebay seller is trying to tell me that I have a bad connection. I hooked a sendec meter to the same wire connection and it works. Is any one having any luck with these?

I've the same issue with those cheap ones. They work with conventional coils where you can wrap the wire around the spark plug cable but they dont work with the coils included in the spark plug cap.
Maybe they work with more turns around the cap due to a higher induced voltage?

• stealman

Posted February 24, 2010 - 07:07 AM

I have two and Tried wrapping the coil with more wraps and I have tried on a 2 stroke. Neither of these work. Im sending them back and getting the name brand units from now on.

• norcal_hoss

Posted February 24, 2010 - 07:33 AM

Motominder is a very nice one. Tells you the date it was installed and blibks the hours 10 sec after engine is off. They are very reliable also noway of water or anything ever getting into that little thing.
http://www.motominde....au/product.htm

• Works_Connection

Posted September 29, 2010 - 12:37 PM

Here is a short video we made to help show how to install our tach / hour meters. We get a lot of calls inquiring how to do it...so we decided to make a video to make it easy. :smirk:

...Eric

• mike_dean

Posted October 01, 2010 - 03:59 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.