Hour Meters

28 replies to this topic
  • Mike546

Posted December 13, 2009 - 06:52 AM

I just bought one of these on EBay for $16.00, Haven't got it yet but its a good price if you need one.

Look here

• rickallen124

Posted December 13, 2009 - 10:01 AM

The GYTR programmer will tell you running time/hours on the '10 YZ450 so if your getting a programmer for the '10 you really don't need an hour meter.

• Mike546

Posted December 13, 2009 - 11:32 AM

I watch it to change the oil every three hours. I also check it before I go to the track, that way when my buddies say we rode for 4 hours I can show them it was only an hour and a half.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 13, 2009 - 12:04 PM

I bought one from Yamaha and It has a tach. Most all of them are made from sun dec

• 2000 xr650r

Posted December 13, 2009 - 06:15 PM

Thats a good deal for a hour meter. Also I bought a hour meter mount off ebay for $12 that make install of it really nice.
If it wasnt below zero id get a picture.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 06:12 PM

Just installed mine on my 09 YZ450f. I use the ones right from Yamaha. It has Hours and Tach. The coil is extra in case I have to pull the plug. Here is a pic.
Posted Image

• stealman

Posted December 14, 2009 - 06:31 PM

Where are you guys mounting the meter and how?

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 06:40 PM

Where are you guys mounting the meter and how?

I have mounted all of mine the same way, because there is no drilling into the frame, which I think is just stupid, and its free floating and easy to remove. Here is the pic.
Posted Image

• DMauro

Posted December 14, 2009 - 06:44 PM

i just bought one off ebay,thanks mike.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 06:46 PM

I have mounted all of mine the same way, because there is no drilling into the frame, which I think is just stupid, and its free floating and easy to remove. Here is the pic.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike546

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:01 PM

i just bought one off ebay,thanks mike.

I ordered mine on the 12th and it came today, thats fast shipping and free too.

• Florida_426

Posted December 15, 2009 - 05:19 AM

I use a SenDec meter, from Dr.D with their mount that goes under the stem nut. No drilling or tape needed. Works well and is out of the way but still easily viewable.

Bill

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 15, 2009 - 05:36 AM

I don't want to see it if don't want to, that's whey I like it on the side and out of the way. Just my preference.:moon:

• grayracer513

Posted December 15, 2009 - 07:59 AM

My favorite place for an hour meter is in the air box. Since the air filter needs attention after every ride, it gets looked at often enough, is way out of the way, and has somewhere safe to go if it should ever fall off.

• coreyl

Posted December 29, 2009 - 10:34 PM

are the hour meters really that important i am thinking of getting one

• usp4u

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:15 AM

Depends on how anal you are about your maintnence. I never used on my past bikes, but they were all bought used(the 4strokes were all used at least). I did just get one for my left-over '08 as it's the first new 4stroke I've owned so, it would be silly not to have one.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 30, 2009 - 05:53 PM

I will never run a bike without one. It's amazing how much time you rack up on the engine. I change my engine oil after break in, usually one 20 min, drain, install magnetic oil plug and filter, then every 3 hours. Always works for me. Hour meters are one of the most important components of a racing machine. You need to get one.:moon: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• thumpinberry

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:20 PM

if i changed my sons bikes oil every 3 hrs thats ill i would do.i change every 10 and filter every other time.i use amsoil 10w 40 motorcycle oil.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:51 PM

if i changed my sons bikes oil every 3 hrs thats ill i would do.i change every 10 and filter every other time.i use amsoil 10w 40 motorcycle oil.

Well I'm an old fartTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!:moon: Really I do run my bike very very hard and cant imagine running it more than that. The point is that hour meter keeps track.

• coreyl

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:07 PM

ok thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.