Spacer for odometer gear?

10 replies to this topic
  • Jeff_Magnusson

Posted April 30, 2003 - 01:45 PM

Does anyone know of a good spacer or good method to remove the odometer gear from an 02' Wr426? It looks like to me the stock yz spacer and seal will not work on the 02' WR. Anyone know for sure? Any input would be appreciated.

• Stunner

Posted April 30, 2003 - 03:44 PM

I have been using the stock YZ seal and spacer on my 02WR250 and now my 03WR450. It doesn't press in as good as the prior years did, but I just packed the bearings really good with waterproof grease. I have thousands of miles on my bike with no problems whatsoever.

• mmbasa

Posted April 30, 2003 - 06:23 PM

Leave the spacer on and use a rubber cap over the hole. Shouldn't cost any more than a quarter for that.

• TJames

Posted May 01, 2003 - 02:42 AM

Flatland racing.

http://flatlandracin...ter Eliminators

• MOmilkman

Posted May 01, 2003 - 03:16 AM

I was gonna suggest Flatland spacers too, but I was just too lazy to look it up. :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted May 01, 2003 - 03:25 AM

Flatland makes some good stuff but $35 for a wheel spacer?? Wow.

• MOmilkman

Posted May 01, 2003 - 04:17 AM

Flatland makes some good stuff but $35 for a wheel spacer?? Wow.

One of those things thats not a necessity, but looks damn cool. :) Kinda like carbon fiber.

• Jonesy920

Posted May 04, 2003 - 12:43 PM

I've been looking but can't find a 12mm acorn nut anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find one or a rubber cap ?? :)

• mmbasa

Posted May 04, 2003 - 04:05 PM

You try the local hardware store.

• Junior_Vet

Posted May 04, 2003 - 04:15 PM

I use the cap from a tube. I tried the toothpaste tube caps but found an old tube of liquid aluminum and the cap fit perfectly.

4 motos and going strong. :)

• Machster

Posted May 20, 2003 - 01:07 PM

great news..I just got off the phone with Barnum's pro and they will have an anodized blue spacer within the next week for about 25-28.00 Give them a call at (760)868-8097 and they will call you when they get in!

Live well....ride free :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.