03 XR100 Carb Specs.

4 replies to this topic
  • smallcarshop

Posted December 12, 2009 - 01:49 PM

I`m rebuilding my carb and can`t find the float level specs. Can someone help with specs.
Thanks

• Fast Forward

Posted December 12, 2009 - 04:49 PM

Manual indicates “With the float valve seated and the float arm just touching the valve, measure the float level with the special tool as shown”

Float level: 12.5 mm (0.49 in)

• CR125Honda

Posted April 29, 2012 - 05:41 PM

Manual indicates “With the float valve seated and the float arm just touching the valve, measure the float level with the special tool as shown”

Float level: 12.5 mm (0.49 in)

Replying to this old thread to keep bad info from being spread.

I'm pretty sure 12.5mm or .48 in may be for pre 2000 model XR100's.
On my sons 2002 XR100 (Keihin carb), I'm sure 12.5mm is not correct.
I've searched and searched and have not been able to find the correct measurement.
12.5mm would have put the float at about a 30 deg angle the the carb base.
Of all the float height's I've set in the past 30+ years, those that have a float with a flat shaped top or bottom are usually level with the carb base when they are at the correct height.

• Fast Forward

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:47 AM

The information was extracted from my wife's 2003 XR100 owners manual. Whether it's right or wrong I don't know (never set the float on it), it's what the manual says though.

• GEOF

Posted December 07, 2012 - 11:27 AM

I think you will be pretty safe with 12.5mm.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.