Faulty tire? See photo

25 replies to this topic
  • smithjeb

Posted December 13, 2009 - 09:51 AM

Try the Dunlop MX51 - great tire seems to wear better for me than 756 too.

• mxmaddman

Posted December 13, 2009 - 10:08 AM

Try the Dunlop MX51 - great tire seems to wear better for me than 756 too.

Does it wear faster than a MH3? I know the MH3 are pretty indestructible too.

• smithjeb

Posted December 13, 2009 - 10:16 AM

Sorry - don't know - I was comparing to 756, not sure about MH3.

MX51 is the best rear I have ever used for what it is worth - but I have been predominantly a Dunlop guy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wes Woodin

Posted December 13, 2009 - 06:42 PM

This is a relatively new Maxxis SI front that I put on my 2002 YZ426 a couple month ago. I check the pressure regularly and I'm positive that it has never dipped below 11psi and only ridden at the track. Has anybody had similar wear/failures before? With the cost of new tires, I'm wondering if I should pursue a warranty replacement (unless it's my fault).

Posted Image

common when using soft compound on hard

• fishnutz

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:52 PM

Hard to know what to use though. The track's condition varies so much from sand/silt, to mud, to loose groomed straights and soft berms. Probably best to run something in the intermediate realm.

• RedBullRacer181

Posted December 14, 2009 - 08:14 PM

This is a relatively new Maxxis SI front that I put on my 2002 YZ426 a couple month ago. I check the pressure regularly and I'm positive that it has never dipped below 11psi and only ridden at the track. Has anybody had similar wear/failures before? With the cost of new tires, I'm wondering if I should pursue a warranty replacement (unless it's my fault).

Posted Image

I'm surprised it's not in worse condition...... my buddy had the SI on the rear and had took most of the knobs off first ride.

We ride harder terrain though, which is how he ripped off every single knob on one side of his tire while flying around a corner. :moon:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.