Need help finding odd-ball transmission part

15 replies to this topic
  • davecampbell

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:44 PM

We bought a basket case 2006 yz450f to put together for my son-in-law and we seem to be down to the last part we need to put it together and it is back-ordered at Yamaha. All of the salvage dealers I could find seem to sell the transmission whole and don't want to separate them for obvious reasons. Hopefully someone on here will know of one that has a bad transmission that got parted out. Any help with leads would be appreciated. The part number is 90387-20028-00
Posted Image

• mx730md

Posted December 12, 2009 - 06:54 AM

hey. if you look it up i might have one for you. let me know if the yz250f uses the same part number if it does i have one for you

• Yamaha8519B

Posted December 12, 2009 - 07:01 AM

Why don't you just order a new one? If thats the only part you need. It probably only costs $5

• Geoffit

Posted December 12, 2009 - 07:14 AM

retail from Yamaha is like $8.50 With some shipping and handling you won't find a used one for any less, if you bought a used gear it should have come with the bushing

• mx730md

Posted December 12, 2009 - 07:15 AM

Why don't you just order a new one? If thats the only part you need. It probably only costs $5

lol perhaps you should try and read the first post io know its very hard to do i mean there only 2 reply's . its not about the cost of it, he said there on back order. next time read before you reply

retail from Yamaha is like $8.50 With some shipping and handling you won't find a used one for any less, if you bought a used gear it should have come with the bushing

he bought a project bike in parts which is pretty clear in first post

• davecampbell

Posted December 12, 2009 - 07:23 AM

hey. if you look it up i might have one for you. let me know if the yz250f uses the same part number if it does i have one for you

Thanks, but sadly it seems that it is unique to the 06 and newer yz450 or the 07 and newer wr450 transmissions.

• l_campionero

Posted December 12, 2009 - 08:36 AM

I called the parts guy at the dealer I patronize; he says it is available in the California warehouse.

• davecampbell

Posted December 12, 2009 - 08:49 AM

THANKS :banghead: We have relatives in Calif and can probably just have them buy it out there and drop it in an envelope. We will be riding soon:ride: You guys are awsome:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • l_campionero

Posted December 12, 2009 - 08:56 AM

Your dealer should have been able to check that for you. I don't think your relatives can buy it from the warehouse, so your dealer should be able to order it normally, as parts always 'cross-ship' if the 'facing' warehouse doesn't have it in stock. If you need it quickly, you can even have your dealer 'second-day' it.
Good luck!:banghead:

P.S. I found this out by actually calling the dealer, Donelson Cycles in St. Louis MO.Posted Image

• mx730md

Posted December 12, 2009 - 09:09 AM

if you need it fast give ncy a call. they are the fastest place ive ever used. im on the east cost and usally get stuff with in 4 or 5 days from them.

http://www.ncy-motorsports.com/

or

800-225-1629

• davecampbell

Posted December 12, 2009 - 01:16 PM

Your dealer should have been able to check that for you. I don't think your relatives can buy it from the warehouse, so your dealer should be able to order it normally, as parts always 'cross-ship' if the 'facing' warehouse doesn't have it in stock. If you need it quickly, you can even have your dealer 'second-day' it.
Good luck!:banghead:

P.S. I found this out by actually calling the dealer, Donelson Cycles in St. Louis MO.Posted Image

Your parts guy is worth his weight in gold! Woudlk he consider moving to Oklahoma?

We walked into our Yamaha dealer and the parts guy said he could check with his rep on Tuesday to see IF he could get permission to get one out of the Calif warehouse.

if you need it fast give ncy a call. they are the fastest place ive ever used. im on the east cost and usally get stuff with in 4 or 5 days from them.

http://www.ncy-motorsports.com/

or

800-225-1629

WE didn't see this post until we got back and when we walked out of the local shop we got on the cell and called the closest dealer to our relatives which was Motoworld in ElCajon and the say they can get it in by Tuesday. They seemed real good to deal with and were willing to ups it to us as soon as it came in for a couple of dollars extra so it sounds like they do the same thin North County Yamaha does. As long a sthey continue to treat us good we will probably continue to use them. It is just such a shame because this local dealer is just 30 min from my house and two blocks from my daughter's work so if they would get their act together it would be ral handy for us. We are building this bike for my son-in-law and then I have yz250 that we are going to build for me with some wr gears and a big bore. Bottom line is we will be buying some parts in the nest couple of months!

• grayracer513

Posted December 12, 2009 - 02:35 PM

Did you look into TT OEM?

• l_campionero

Posted December 12, 2009 - 04:11 PM

Your parts guy is worth his weight in gold! Woudlk he consider moving to Oklahoma?....

I tell ya what....the shop Christmas party is next Saturday. I'll fill him up with Budweiser and Jagermeister, and I'm sure I can get him to go for it!:banghead:

• davecampbell

Posted December 12, 2009 - 04:11 PM

Did you look into TT OEM?

Yes but when you read the FAQ about OEM is makes it sound like it would be four days until we knew if it was back-ordered and we had already done that twice so I was wanting someone that could look to see if their warehouse was going to be able to get it. It doesn't say which warehouse they use for Yamaha so I had no way to know.

• WILLIAMS37

Posted December 12, 2009 - 06:04 PM

ordered my final tranny parts from motosport OEM and got them in 2 days. good luck

• davecampbell

Posted December 12, 2009 - 06:24 PM

ordered my final tranny parts from motosport OEM and got them in 2 days. good luck

We have a yz/wr250 to do next so maybe I will give them a try on that one.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.