yzf engine noise

5 replies to this topic
  • rickyz1984

Posted December 11, 2009 - 04:42 AM

i've just done the 450 cam mod on my 426 its all timed and torue'd up correctly and shims are in spec it started first kick but is making a ticking noise from the top end i have not removed the old decomp set up though because i do not have th plug yet, does anybody have any idea of what it can be thanks.

• tech24

Posted December 11, 2009 - 04:59 AM

did you have the buckets out? If so did they slide back in ok? Did you coat them with oil?

• rickyz1984

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:21 AM

yes sorry just checked it over again and made the mistake of looking at the wrong year for the shims in my manual thanks for the help i need to pay more attension

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:23 AM

sorry Im confused, are you checking valve clearence with a feeler guage or just measuring the shims?

• rickyz1984

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:40 AM

i used a feeler guage but i i was looking at the gap for a 2000 madel and mine is a 2002 ive just changed the shims again and its all fine now thanks foer the help

• tech24

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:42 AM

right on!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.