where is the grey wire on a wr 400

8 replies to this topic
  • give it some shit

Posted December 11, 2009 - 01:22 AM

could anyone tell me how to do the grey wire mod on my wr 400? eg where abouts is it! and how easily identified it is.

• drucer

Posted December 11, 2009 - 02:30 PM

i would also like to know as i cant find it under the tank or anywhere

thanks

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 11, 2009 - 03:16 PM

I seem to remember that Non US 400's did not have a grey wire. I know my 99' Canadian WR400 did not have a grey wire, or a throttle stop:thumbsup:

I am just recollecting here and am not 100% positive.

• mrlopez

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:24 PM

It's around the harness by the top of the head on the trotthle side but I never notice a difference at all on mine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • l_campionero

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:28 PM

I had a '99, and didn't know anything about any 'gray wire' and never had any problem with power. It was a rocketship!

• AZWFO

Posted December 11, 2009 - 08:53 PM

It didn't seem to help my 99 much, but at the time i had not removed the airbox lid or uncorked the pipe

Try here for more info

http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

• give it some shit

Posted December 12, 2009 - 12:55 AM

thanks for the advice, found the wire unplugged it and as you say i cant feel much difference in doing this mod either!..

• mrlopez

Posted December 12, 2009 - 08:08 AM

Yeah told you so lol

• l_campionero

Posted December 12, 2009 - 04:49 PM

Yeah told you so lol

:banghead:
I had another guy riding with me in a team hare scramble when my '99 was new. He'd never ridden a four-stroke before, and he was clearing all the doubles on the MX section of the course. He liked it so much, he bought a YZ426 the next year.

could anyone tell me how to do the grey wire mod....and how easily identified it is.

It's the grey one!:cheers:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.