06/08

3 replies to this topic
  • Tile Guy

Posted December 10, 2009 - 09:33 PM

why does it seem like my sons 06 wr450 is lighter than my 08 wr450? when i move it around, load it in the truck it just feels so much lighter. i swear it feels 10 to 15 lbs. lighter.

• YamaLink

Posted December 12, 2009 - 08:54 AM

Does he have more psi in the tires. Are his knobbies taller and harder?
Does your bike have a bunch of mud caked on?
The chains both o-ring and lubed?

On a somewhat unrelated note...
My buddy thought the new piston and rings in his KX made the bike "so much more lively and has less friction" just rolling it around the garage.

Didn't have the heart to tell him that while I waited for him to show up at his house I oiled the chain and put 13 psi instead of the 4 and 5 psi he had.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tile Guy

Posted December 12, 2009 - 09:07 AM

everything is the same except he has a yz exhaust. when i lean it to one side it feels way lighter. my bike does feel tighter b/c its newer, also his bike feels peppier almost like a yz, dont know if they did anything to the motor. we both have done all the free mods, will the exhaust make that much difference? i guess the only way to find out is to weigh them.

• panaman

Posted December 13, 2009 - 06:16 AM

everything is the same except he has a yz exhaust. when i lean it to one side it feels way lighter. my bike does feel tighter b/c its newer, also his bike feels peppier almost like a yz, dont know if they did anything to the motor. we both have done all the free mods, will the exhaust make that much difference? i guess the only way to find out is to weigh them.

well yours will weigh around 271 LBS with a full tank of gas

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.