2010 yz450 now in my garage

5 replies to this topic
  • boosted22

Posted December 10, 2009 - 09:27 PM

picked up a blue 2010 yz450 today, ill try post some pics up in next few days, took her for a quick blast up the alley, holly crap so responsive, this is the first time back on a bike for a few years mind you but feels really explosive, think ill have arm pump before its even warmed up lol. now I just have too wait for some go fast bits, as I'm from country Australia ill be the last to get gear lol, its ironic that I can get more variety and faster through the like ebay etc than dealers lol ( so if you are from the states and you find any gear etc at your dealer by 2 and post it on ebay for me youl be surprised how it will sell i reakon), first thing is a bash plate I think, ill see how I go on the weekend..

Edited by boosted22, December 10, 2009 - 09:34 PM.
none really

• boosted22

Posted December 10, 2009 - 09:41 PM

one thing i have noticed is it is a bit hard to start, could be just me, as been away from bikes for a bit, see how it is over the weekend as it is run in a bit more.

• motojase316

Posted December 11, 2009 - 04:47 AM

I found mine to be a very easy starter. After coming from the 2009 crf450r which was the worst starting bike I ever owned.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wes Woodin

Posted December 11, 2009 - 06:20 AM

I found mine to be a very easy starter. After coming from the 2009 crf450r which was the worst starting bike I ever owned.

EFI issues

• mxracer206

Posted December 11, 2009 - 06:48 PM

We got our first one in yesterday, the guys got excited and oiled the filter before we tried to start it for the first time. Initial start up was hard, I am sure due to the fresh filter oil. After we ran and started it a few times I opened up the idle adjuster 1 or 2 clicks and it was easy from that point on to start. I am sure once you get a starting procedure down it will be OK.

• boosted22

Posted December 11, 2009 - 10:47 PM

yer got it down preety good now, was out all day today, and love it, just get it on top dead and she fired nearly every time, seems alot pro racers on here putting them down, but crap im really happy with mine no matter what they say, so the filter cant be changed in under 30 seconds, oh well i can llive with that, the gear ratio in the box is different too last years, lol not for the average joe like me hell i couldnt tell. about the only thing il agree to would be how responsive it is for the first 1/4 or so, but maybe i can flat'n that out a little with the controller ?, over all i feel happy with mine..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.