I sat on the 2010 YZ450F today! (WHITE)

130 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 19, 2009 - 06:31 AM

every bike has a flaw............but, those mentioned are easily fixable and for pretty cheap........one thing you cant fix is a bad turning or handling bike or if you can make improvements it gets real expensive but still will not cure it.......since yami finally has a good handler among other cool things i would call it good........buy a tuner and pipe and the gearing issue would prolly be solved and call it good.....air filter access?..seriously... BFD........now try fixing a bad chassis and you would wish you only had an air filter problem

Airbox point...just a few more bolts to remove.....on the rest I agree 100%.....and I think 90% or more of this will be corrected in 2011.
It really doesn't matter to me again...
I ain't buying any new bike

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 19, 2009 - 07:05 AM

Original Bike we were talking about is still there. 3 Weeks and counting.

• aaroncmh

Posted December 19, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Nobody know what the price will be in six months. I paid $7400 for a white bike so if it's $6995 in six months, big deal. Does that make anyone smarter? No, it just means you got your bike six months later and saver $400 bucks.
I'll agree that the 09's are a steal right now but they just aren't that different than the 06 that I had. I just cant see buying an 09 when you really want the 2010. :moon:

Exactly! Plus at my advanced age saving a few hundred bucks to ride an inferior product seems to make even less sense. (ha, ha)
Add to that if you're going to keep the bike for a few years its really not worth it...or the longer you keep the bike the less the savings is. Something like that...

• SparksXR426

Posted December 19, 2009 - 10:09 AM

Exactly! Plus at my advanced age saving a few hundred bucks to ride an inferior product seems to make even less sense. (ha, ha)
Add to that if you're going to keep the bike for a few years its really not worth it...or the longer you keep the bike the less the savings is. Something like that...

Come on, I figure we're just getting into our stride, or did you misprint you're age? :moon:

• dunn2500

Posted December 19, 2009 - 11:18 AM

Airbox point...just a few more bolts to remove.....on the rest I agree 100%.....and I think 90% or more of this will be corrected in 2011.
It really doesn't matter to me again...
I ain't buying any new bike

but thats the case every year......all the bikes are gonna be expensive when they first come out and they will all be 3-3.5k more than last years model....there is no bike that is gonna be 100% better than last years......it takes time to develop and test so every year its little improvements........so your point is mute and relative to every bike not just the yz....its more about you and what your willing or not willing to do which is fine, some are......like a guy said before it just keeps going 2011 then 2012 etc, etc.....you will never ride...all bikes have issues you just pick the one that is easily fixable......personally i like the yz but no way i am plucking down 9-10k for any stock bike, but thats just me:ride:

• Mike546

Posted December 19, 2009 - 01:06 PM

but thats the case every year......all the bikes are gonna be expensive when they first come out and they will all be 3-3.5k more than last years model....there is no bike that is gonna be 100% better than last years......it takes time to develop and test so every year its little improvements........so your point is mute and relative to every bike not just the yz....its more about you and what your willing or not willing to do which is fine, some are......like a guy said before it just keeps going 2011 then 2012 etc, etc.....you will never ride...all bikes have issues you just pick the one that is easily fixable......personally i like the yz but no way i am plucking down 9-10k for any stock bike, but thats just me:ride:

Where are you guys getting 9-10 grand prices for this bike, am I missing something?

• Ga426owner

Posted December 19, 2009 - 01:15 PM

Where are you guys getting 9-10 grand prices for this bike, am I missing something?

8 or 9k I don't care...I ain't spending it on any friggin dirt bike!

• fraser

Posted December 19, 2009 - 03:15 PM

Wait 6 months and save $400 ?? The trade-in value of your old bike may have dropped by the same amount in that time. I got a really good price on my 06, doubt I'd get anything like that in 6 months time. after Xmas an 06 beco
es 4 yrs old instead of 3......

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 19, 2009 - 05:21 PM

i'll be buying a 2011

• Mike546

Posted December 19, 2009 - 06:02 PM

Here is a nice review from down under. READ HERE

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJetmar

Posted December 20, 2009 - 08:11 AM

Here is a nice review from down under. READ HERE

good report. What i dont understand is the EFI tuner. The test rider and other reports ive read (dirt rider) all make it sound like there is some preset setting for the track conditions. The guys on here all say that it comes with no presets. where are these testers getting the setting??? And why no reports on what the setting are if they are making them up them selfs???

• Mike546

Posted December 20, 2009 - 08:29 AM

good report. What i dont understand is the EFI tuner. The test rider and other reports ive read (dirt rider) all make it sound like there is some preset setting for the track conditions. The guys on here all say that it comes with no presets. where are these testers getting the setting??? And why no reports on what the setting are if they are making them up them selfs???

Yamaha probably set them up with some different maps.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 23, 2009 - 02:22 PM

as time goes on they will have more and more maps. There will be after market companies that will make tuners

• Lor

Posted December 23, 2009 - 02:36 PM

I just got my 2010 and boy is it fun. The filter isn't that hard to change as I took it apart the first day. Good thing I did because the filter bar/rod was unhooked. That could have been an expensive problem on a brand new bike. The bike starts relatively easy and has smooth power right of idle. I'm riding it tomorrow for the first time at a track. Merry Christmas everyone.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 23, 2009 - 02:55 PM

I just got my 2010 and boy is it fun. The filter isn't that hard to change as I took it apart the first day. Good thing I did because the filter bar/rod was unhooked. That could have been an expensive problem on a brand new bike. The bike starts relatively easy and has smooth power right of idle. I'm riding it tomorrow for the first time at a track. Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry christmas to you! I just wish mine would hurry and get here so I could put the T-7 decal graphics on along with my new FMF 4.1 exhaust system:thumbsup:

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 23, 2009 - 07:33 PM

Sounds good guys! I want to see the pictures. Don't forget to post the pictures right here in this forum. Merry Christmas:worthy:

• mxracer187

Posted December 24, 2009 - 06:10 PM

2 guys with equal riding ability on buys the 09 the other buys the 10 who do you think will be faster?

The guy whos having a good day and doesnt screw up.:moon:

no way! the guy on the bike that turns! not the guy on the 09, its a slug thats half dead off the bottom so he gets SMOKED to the 1st turn then when he gets there hes gotta try to make a bike that turns like a a arrow or better yet a train on a set of strait tracks get thru the 1st turn before he gets lapped!!!!! :cheers: it's not rocket science

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 25, 2009 - 10:53 PM

no way! the guy on the bike that turns! not the guy on the 09, its a slug thats half dead off the bottom so he gets SMOKED to the 1st turn then when he gets there hes gotta try to make a bike that turns like a a arrow or better yet a train on a set of strait tracks get thru the 1st turn before he gets lapped!!!!! :moon: it's not rocket science

Funny!!!!:cheers:

• scj

Posted December 27, 2009 - 08:46 PM

The tuner is capable of storing 9 preset maps. As of now, Yamaha is not offering specific maps for the consumers. The presets will have to be maps you created or borrowed from this site or a friend and stored in your tuner.
Fine tune a map yourself and note that it works great for muddy conditions and store that as map #1
Your #2 might be great for tracks with huge jumps that have short runs
#3 sand tracks
etc, etc...

• eazrider

Posted December 27, 2009 - 10:19 PM

The tuner is capable of storing 9 preset maps. As of now, Yamaha is not offering specific maps for the consumers. The presets will have to be maps you created or borrowed from this site or a friend and stored in your tuner.
Fine tune a map yourself and note that it works great for muddy conditions and store that as map #1
Your #2 might be great for tracks with huge jumps that have short runs
#3 sand tracks
etc, etc...

No reason these maps could not be stored in the onboard electronics...you load them in, based on your experience (or pick them up from this forum) and then select them on the fly via a keypad in the airbox or somewhere secure...For a lot of off road riders the terrain changes 4-5 times in a 60 -90 mile trail ride....Maybe that will be available for all those smart (cheap ?) folks that are waiting for an 2011 model. Me, I'll be 59 this year, and want to enjoy everyday.....I love my '06, but if the '10 will turn better, I will go faster, despite what others on this forum think.....just my .02.. :moon:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.