I sat on the 2010 YZ450F today! (WHITE)

130 replies to this topic
  • Troutman

Posted December 13, 2009 - 06:54 PM

I personally think there will be some refinement in 2011 but not as much as some people may think. Look at the 2010 CRF450, the 2009 CRF had some fairly major issues and I don't think they did much about them in 2010. Also look at the 2006 YZ450F, great brand new bike and they did not do much with it either in 2007. I think the 2010 YZF is a great bike and there will be fairly minor refinements to it in 2011 but nothing that would keep me from buying a 2010 because recent history shows it will most likely be close to the same bike. None of this is fact just my opinion so take it for what it is worth.

• Joe_Jet

Posted December 13, 2009 - 07:51 PM

no turn issues to correct. no reliab issues so far. i bet it will lose .5 - 1 lbs weight, slight map changes for those whining about throttle response and bng. im gettin a 2010.

btw the the low end throttle response issue i believe is simply due to the quick response of the fi vs the carb lag. when i went from my 02 cannondale to 03yz450 i had toget used to the lag. 2-3 motos and its a non issue.

• mediumfast

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:21 AM

I believe the 2010 will be like the 06 aluminum frame that didn't turn. 09 was so much better. I believe Yamaha will address the weight issue, the abrupt power issue at throttle crack and flimsy plastic on the shrouds. It is hard to imagine, but the 2011 and 2012 will be far superior to the 2010.

We already know the new YZ450 turns better than any Yamaha 450 ever made. I can agree with you on one thing, the 2011 and 2012 will probably be better. That's kind of a no brainer though.

• rider211

Posted December 14, 2009 - 12:19 PM

I believe the 2010 will be like the 06 aluminum frame that didn't turn. 09 was so much better. I believe Yamaha will address the weight issue, the abrupt power issue at throttle crack and flimsy plastic on the shrouds. It is hard to imagine, but the 2011 and 2012 will be far superior to the 2010.

We already know the new YZ450 turns better than any Yamaha 450 ever made. I can agree with you on one thing, the 2011 and 2012 will probably be better. That's kind of a no brainer though.

I just got done reading MXA's test ride 2010 yz450f, Having rode 06-09 yz450f's I totaly agree with there statement's on them and the 2010, Just like they said the 06-09's had A irritating push in the front more so with the 06 then the 09 it was a nitemare to race stock and even when my buddie changed the clamps "after i had it for awhile when he was out hurt" it only lessend it a little it had the worst push by far of any bike iv'e raced and iv'e owned and raced every other brand except ktm. the reason i borrowed it was I myself was gonna buy one then and my kxf was toast,After riding it at a few practices and racing it a few times, I knew it wasn't just me needing to get used to it it was a serious push so I ended up not getting one. every yr. he got a new yz450f hoping it would be better"he's a yamaha die hard" and it was just a little bit but still VERY noticable that it pushed pretty bad. I just got done riding his 09 back to back with my 2010 and man what A diffrent bike you would never know they were the same brand and model the 2010 corners without any push it is so planted and dosen't hesitate to roll into any type of corner and change angle or line's and it does it with little effort... like a zuk kinda. As for the motor it's totaly diffrent too! Gone is the no low end doggish power of the 07-09"the 06 was better then those three but nothing to write home to mom about" If you read MXA's test ride there rite on, If you havent here it is..... Posted Image The only thing that need's to be changed on the 2010 is more power on top it needs to be adjusted for more power and over rev not to say it's weak it,s not i just like a strong pull on top witch can easily be changed with the tuner and even more simply with a pipe, So ya it's well worth the $3500 extra....and then some :moon:

• Mike546

Posted December 14, 2009 - 12:43 PM

211 your up in Mass, where did you ride it?

• rider211

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:06 PM

211 your up in Mass, where did you ride it?

iv'e got a riding buddie that has a track, and iv,e been going to another private track oh and i took it out on the power and gas line's near my house they all run thru cranberry bogs and go two and three line's wide, And there's mile's and mile's of single track trails that connect diffrent areas, there all realy fast and rough and go on for ever you could ride out there for days and go somwhere diffrent every time

• twenty34

Posted December 14, 2009 - 07:56 PM

[LIST=1]

[*]Has anyone determined that the bike is air starved by actually testing anything, or is that just what Jody thinks? Who out there seriously believes that the engineers would put all this work int the bike and set it up with an inadequate air supply? There are two air inlets into the filter, both of which are more than twice the size of the throttle bore. I'm willing to bet there's not a problem there at all.

Directly From the DNA Team Yamaha Bike

Posted Image

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 08:19 PM

Wes, I would just chock this up...JUST LIKE THE GEICO AD...you just saved yourself a bunch of money so far this year.....and wait until after SX starts. You will see a ton of slightly used 2010 YZF450s for sale with ads that say...."Injury forces sale"...and most will have less than 5-10hrs on them...then think about buying one for 4.5 - 5k. :p

or wait for 2011...for a better bike:thumbsup:

:p:smirk::smirk:smirk::lol::p:lo::lol::lol::lol::smirk::busted::lol::busted::lol::moon::worthy::cheers::worthy::smirk:

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 14, 2009 - 08:24 PM

So ya it's well worth the $3500 extra....and then some :moon:

:cheers:

• FinchFan194

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:24 PM

Directly From the DNA Team Yamaha Bike

Posted Image

I don't know what DNA team Yamaha is, but thats Stewarts L&M Yamaha. Those pics were posted on vitalmx I believe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:26 PM

I don't know what DNA team Yamaha is, but thats Stewarts L&M Yamaha. Those pics were posted on vitalmx I believe.

Are you sure?

http://www.vitalmx.c...g-Facility,3011

• FinchFan194

Posted December 14, 2009 - 09:30 PM

Are you sure?

http://www.vitalmx.c...g-Facility,3011

Yes thats Stewart or Hill's bike look at the graphics on it. It has the San Manuel logo on it. I have seen many pics on the subject of his airbox cutouts on various forums. Look closely at the other bikes in those pics the shrouds don't have slots cut in them. Like the L&M bike does.

• Etown

Posted December 15, 2009 - 01:57 AM

i went and sat on a blue one today! i was all smiles until i had to leave and remembered there is no way i could afford that bike haha. the bike i was sitting on was already spoken for and they had already sold 6 bikes.

• rider211

Posted December 15, 2009 - 02:49 PM

So ya it's well worth the $3500 extra....and then some :moon:[/QUOTE]

That is unless you don't have it, Or your just to cheap.....Or of course it could be that your just to slow to notice anything on a bike and it's characteristics. but if your not in any of thoses catagory's and you race even semi seriously then it's well worth paying more, And unless you paid $3999 otd I didn't pay $3500 more for it :cheers:

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 15, 2009 - 04:47 PM

[quote name='rider211']So ya it's well worth the $3500 extra....and then some :moon:[/QUOTE]

That is unless you don't have it, Or your just to cheap.....Or of course it could be that your just to slow to notice anything on a bike and it's characteristics. but if your not in any of thoses catagory's and you race even semi seriously then it's well worth paying more, And unless you paid $3999 otd I didn't pay $3500 more for it :smirk:[/QUOTE]
Viable points. You forgot the most important point! Maybe we're just smarter and realize that in 6 months we will be able to buy the bike much cheaper. I would be willing to line it up and race you on your 2010. Its not the bike, it's the rider.:cheers:

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 15, 2009 - 04:48 PM

oh I might add, it's not that I can't afford it or am too cheap. Believe me!

• Mike546

Posted December 15, 2009 - 06:27 PM

I'm just getting one because I want one, God knows won't be any faster. :moon:

• mediumfast

Posted December 15, 2009 - 10:05 PM

don't be defensive about why you are buying one. while i cant see paying what some people did i think it's money well spent if you enjoy riding. of course it will be cheaper a year from now. of course the 2011 will be more refined. blah, blah, blah. if you want it and can afford it buy it. if you dont dont.

• aaroncmh

Posted December 16, 2009 - 10:25 AM

oh I might add, it's not that I can't afford it or am too cheap. Believe me!

Thanks for clarifying that.

I liked reading OTHG_Mikes post that he is excited about his cool new bike...that's what really counts. Once again (then I'll stop) the 2010 is going to be great. It kills me these guys that get on here and regurgitate what they read in MXA as their own just to point out the negatives to people that are getting one. The same thing happened last year with the Honda yet it was the bike of the year for TWMX and DR? Must be jealousy? (ha, ha)

• Ga426owner

Posted December 16, 2009 - 10:53 AM

Once again (then I'll stop) the 2010 is going to be great. It kills me these guys that get on here and regurgitate what they read in MXA as their own just to point out the negatives to people that are getting one. The same thing happened last year with the Honda yet it was the bike of the year for TWMX and DR? Must be jealousy? (ha, ha)

Not in my case Aaron, it is the reality from my 40min ride test on one......the bike is sweet don't get me wrong, but like every first year attempt it does have some issues that need to be worked out....thankfully not as many as the 09 CRF450 :cheers:
...remember magazines are there to help sell bikes, MXA was very very much on the mark with the 2010. Bike of the Year is meaningless....unless you wanted a Cannondale :moon:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.