Snowy Trail

2 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 04, 2000 - 12:04 PM

Neat article on Snowy Trail @ Gorman. I think some of the pics will explain why Clark does not ride the entire trail - it's just not fun in some spots.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted December 04, 2000 - 06:54 PM

Yes this article captures the essense of the SNOWY trail. I'm not to sure about taking NOVICE riders down to Bakers cabin seems like a little more experience is wartanted. As the aritcle states unless you are confident at going both up and down Miller jeep trail and both ways at the bottom of Miller on the Piru creek taril do not attempt the lower sections of the new Snowy trail... I think I would even say you must also feel somwhat comfortable going up Arasta which is also a tough climb and can easily turn into a ordeal but on Arasta you do not have to worry as much about the 100 to 500 foot drop offs.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 05, 2000 - 08:27 AM

I don't think I have a problem with heights but going down the switch backs (started at the bottom of Snowy) definately generated some pucker factor.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.