2010 YZ450F Color

12 replies to this topic
  • katoom08

Posted December 09, 2009 - 05:34 PM

In the U.S. Only the White model comes with Black Wheels. If it were not for the black wheels would you still want the White one? I am kind of partial to the nostalgic Blue however, I really want the Black wheels. After dropping that kind of $$ for the bike I hate to spend a couple of Grand on wheels.

Katoom

• aedwards07

Posted December 09, 2009 - 05:40 PM

I really think the white looks better overall in general.The black wheels are a huge plus as well.

• l_campionero

Posted December 09, 2009 - 05:50 PM

Black wheels look good for about two months, then the black wears off the edges, and they get all nicked up from rocks. Silver>black.

• moto278

Posted December 09, 2009 - 05:52 PM

im with the OP on it. love the blue but those black wheels are sick. either way its a sweet ride! im gona be puttin money down on one this week. the 2 dealers around here are still waiting on getting theres.

• bendover932

Posted December 09, 2009 - 06:00 PM

Couple grand on wheels?...the white one only has black excel rings with standard hubs correct?($100+\- a piece + relacing if you can't do it yourself)

• katoom08

Posted December 09, 2009 - 06:15 PM

I hear you talkin bendover. If I were going to buy new wheels I would have to go for the Blue Talon hubs, Stainless Spokes and Blue Nipples etc. I would get out of control and end up spending the big $$.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_for_me

Posted December 09, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Well, buy the white one and replace the white plastic with blue. Would be about $100 to $150 or so with new graphics and you could keep the shiney white plastic for when you sell it.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 09, 2009 - 06:19 PM

I hear you talkin bendover. If I were going to buy new wheels I would have to go for the Blue Talon hubs, Stainless Spokes and Blue Nipples etc. I would get out of control and end up spending the big $$.

You wanna talke spendy then get the excel hubs. . .

• rickallen124

Posted December 09, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Well, buy the white one and replace the white plastic with blue. Would be about $100 to $150 or so with new graphics and you could keep the shiney white plastic for when you sell it.

I thought about doing that untill I priced out the plastic, $450 for everything minus the seat cover. You could easily buy the black excels for that kind of money.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:49 PM

I have black rims and black hubs. They look awesome new but the rims do not last long as they get nicked up and tire changes are brutle on them....I wish the stock hubs were blue or black with silver rims

• swatdoc

Posted December 10, 2009 - 02:31 PM

"nostalgic" blue?

actually yellow or white either one is a lot more nostalgic than blue!

:banghead:

• ProMed

Posted December 10, 2009 - 03:08 PM

Is the blue plastic still suffering from the white "creasing" they once did?

• grayracer513

Posted December 10, 2009 - 03:19 PM

It's gotten better, but if it actually creases, it still does. Takes a lot more of a hard fold-over to whiten it than it used to.

It can still be cured with a hair dryer, too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.