2010 White YZ450 Backgrounds

37 replies to this topic
  • (742)

Posted December 19, 2009 - 10:03 PM

photo.jpg

I got them from decal works... Super series!

I rode the bike for the first time today! I LOVE IT! I do however wish that the decals only covered the white portion of the side plates... After one day of riding the right side plate decals are starting to get messed up from my boot. They extend too far into the area where your boots rub the bike. I will post a pic of the decal that is now messed up tomorrow!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 20, 2009 - 09:15 AM

[ATTACH]12492[/ATTACH]

I got them from decal works... Super series!

I rode the bike for the first time today! I LOVE IT! I do however wish that the decals only covered the white portion of the side plates... After one day of riding the right side plate decals are starting to get messed up from my boot. They extend too far into the area where your boots rub the bike. I will post a pic of the decal that is now messed up tomorrow!

When i get my 2010 model I'm useing decal works T-7 series. Just wondering what method you used to put yours on and if it was any harder to do on those new designed plastic's or the same as previous year models.

I hate doing the side panels sometimes cause of the curve's in them. The 2010 shrouds look like they wont be so bad though. Have to wait and see

• aedwards07

Posted December 20, 2009 - 01:46 PM

Anyone thought about sanding down the textured plastic so its smooth to apply graphics too?Was thinking it might be a solution...

• ZMoney520

Posted December 20, 2009 - 02:00 PM

I talked to Decal works and they said you could see the texture through the graphics slightly, but it seemed to make them adhere beter with the texture. I ordered the t-7 full kit with backgrounds in silver, black, and red.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted December 20, 2009 - 02:01 PM

they stick fine on the black stuff. use a heat gun. and he exhaust side on the 2010 is one of the hardest to put graphics on that ive done.

• aedwards07

Posted December 20, 2009 - 05:02 PM

they stick fine on the black stuff. use a heat gun. and he exhaust side on the 2010 is one of the hardest to put graphics on that ive done.

Try doing a crf50...The 2010 yz450 is easy compared to it.haha..Soo hard to do for such a little bike.

• Holeshott

Posted December 20, 2009 - 07:39 PM

Call Decal works and have them custom made...

• (742)

Posted December 20, 2009 - 08:43 PM

You are absolutely right... The exhaust side was also the toughest one ever! Where as the other side was one of the easiest ones. And yes it sticks fine to the black stuff and no you can't see the texture through it. I applied with the decal works applicator spray but had to finish the exhaust side with a hair dryer to get the wrinkles out.

• RCannon

Posted December 20, 2009 - 09:02 PM

I did check what Decalworks and they will do the small numbered sidepanals. You have to do them over the phone, but no problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • (742)

Posted December 21, 2009 - 10:01 AM

I did check what Decalworks and they will do the small numbered sidepanals. You have to do them over the phone, but no problem.

Good! I will probably reorder them in the small version!

• lumpy790

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:07 AM

Posted Image

• Mike546

Posted December 23, 2009 - 02:15 PM

Just picked up my bike at noon. Ran home and put the backgrounds on her. The exhaust side was the worst of the 10 bikes I have owned, had to make a few cuts in it. It's 18 degrees outside and the bike wont start. :moon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Davey762

Posted December 23, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Just picked up my bike at noon. Ran home and put the backgrounds on her. The exhaust side was the worst of the 10 bikes I have owned, had to make a few cuts in it. It's 18 degrees outside and the bike wont start. :moon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice looking bike! Who made the backrounds?

• ZMoney520

Posted December 23, 2009 - 05:06 PM

I had a hard time starting mine the first time. Kicked it for about 5 minutes. Then I looked in the manual and it said if it is hard to start, hold the throttle wide open while kicking it over slowly 10-20 times. I did it 15 times and then it started right up.

Backgrounds look good. I just got mine from decal works. Then I ordered the full kit from them as well, so I am waiting to get the kit so I can put them all on at once. Can't wait.

• Mike546

Posted December 23, 2009 - 05:50 PM

Nice looking bike! Who made the backrounds?

Thanks, they are the decal works T-6, I tried to match the red, silver and black on the tank. The colors are pretty close.

I had a hard time starting mine the first time. Kicked it for about 5 minutes. Then I looked in the manual and it said if it is hard to start, hold the throttle wide open while kicking it over slowly 10-20 times. I did it 15 times and then it started right up.

Backgrounds look good. I just got mine from decal works. Then I ordered the full kit from them as well, so I am waiting to get the kit so I can put them all on at once. Can't wait.

I just read that the in the manual. I'll try it tomorrow when I get home from work, it's suppose to warm up to 32 degrees.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 23, 2009 - 07:11 PM

I just ordered mine from decals works today also. I ordered the T-7's :moon: Now if my bike would just hurry up and come in. Said it should be here in janurary :cheers:

• FinchFan194

Posted December 23, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Why the black backgrounds?

• Mike546

Posted December 24, 2009 - 03:18 AM

Why the black backgrounds?

Our districts run black for novice, yellow for am and white for expert.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.