99 wr400f bog, carb jetting help

4 replies to this topic
  • judas666

Posted December 08, 2009 - 06:31 PM

so i just picked up a 99 wr400 and after finally getting it kicked over and warmed up its got a bad bog off idle when i blip the throttle. i know you cant tell me much without tearing into the carb, but its got an uncorked stock pipe and high flow de-snorkeled airbox. im at sea level and temps are around 75F. idles fine and if the throttle is smoothly applied it pulls fine but blipped near idle it bogs bad. thanks guys

• adz_244

Posted December 08, 2009 - 06:37 PM

most probably your accelerator pump do a search in this forum for taffy mod:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • l_campionero

Posted December 08, 2009 - 08:12 PM

I had the same bike with a YZ muffler and YZ-spec jetting, uncorked airbox and the cut throttle stop. It was a rocket ship, even with stock cam timing.

• judas666

Posted December 09, 2009 - 10:00 AM

taffy mod researched, i'll try it tonight. thanks

• matt4x4

Posted December 09, 2009 - 10:10 AM

also make sure the AP diaphram is CLEAN

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.