00 yz426f 2 lean..

4 replies to this topic
  • Ealum450

Posted December 08, 2009 - 12:21 PM

im working on a 426 and its lean as heck.... It pops a bit, spark plug is white..... ouch!! just adjusted the valves, no exhuast leaks anywhere, the air screw is out 2.5 turns, 165 main jet in it, its not the TPS, or nuetral switch..... But however the slide in the carb, all of the teflon coating is wore off and i think its causing it to suck air and the thottle hangs a lil bit after you let off of it.... It takes a second to idle back down after you let off the throttle..... just seeing if anyone has had this problem.... thanks for your time and any help would be appreciated....

• grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2009 - 01:31 PM

The spark plug doesn't mean much, unless you run leaded gas. A hanging idle indicates a lean condition, but that can be caused also by tight intake valves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ealum450

Posted December 08, 2009 - 02:00 PM

well im using 93 octane, the valves are in spec... im just wondering has anyone replaced there slide because of this problem.. i am going to... its pretty pricey, but i know that will be one more thing that i know it wouldnt be... besides, the slide is straight wore out....

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 08, 2009 - 06:22 PM

I wouldnt' worry about the slide, but the slide plates are known to leak, and cause 'hanging idle'.

Have you inpected the hotstart plunger? They hang up making it run lean too.

• Ealum450

Posted December 08, 2009 - 06:30 PM

yes sir i have checked the hotstart plunger.... the slide plate is what im talking about, the coating is gone and its just metal 2 metal rubbing so im sure thats what my problems is...... thanks for everyones input...

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.