Differences between 05 & 09 WR 450 & Plating ?

3 replies to this topic
  • scooter12

Posted December 06, 2009 - 09:34 PM

What are the major differences between the 05 through 09 WR 450? Tried to do a search with no luck.

Just looking to buy an 05 dual sport.

Also, anyone know where I can find more information on whether or not CA will be pulling the plates on these or if it is just a wait and see?.. Don't want to pay for a plated bike only to find out they pull it.

Thanks in advance.

• scooter12

Posted December 07, 2009 - 01:02 PM

Anybody?

Just looking for any major frame, motor or transmission changes.

Found a couple of dual sport 05 WR 450's but would like to know if changes are worth getting a newer year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted December 07, 2009 - 01:19 PM

05 - steel frame
09 - Al frame

can't get a bigger diff than that!

• sgl trk

Posted December 30, 2009 - 10:45 AM

I've ridden '05 (mine) '06 and '07. The frame went from steel to aluminum and the engine mapping was a little different. Mine is plated since '05 Ventura county and I have had no problem with the DMV. I like the hit my engine has compared to the newer models but it did take some $$ and time to get it just right. Good luck...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.