Exhaust: fmf powercore 4 -vs- Q4 differences?

7 replies to this topic
  • biggins

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

$50 price difference. Whats the difference between the two?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chokey

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

The Powercore is a straight-thru silencer. The Q utilizes chambers to make it quieter.

• biggins

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

will i get much performance gain adding this and a jet kit along with the snorkel removal on my bike even if i cant replace the header yet? 2009 klx250s

• Slackkinhard

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

Yes...that bike is plugged up like a prego woman.

• Just_thumping_along

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

Is the q4 that much better than stock or is it still plugged up compared to the other models?

• Slackkinhard

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

I think it is. I run it on my KLX450R

Much lighter

• Acmesalute76

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

I am getting one for my klr 1) because it was one of the few aftermarket pipes available and 2) it is limited to 96dB which is the noise limit for NETRA enduro/hs, which I'd like to try next season. I guarantee it will add power compared to the stock boat anchor limited to 80dB that's on there now.

• reconranger

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

I have had the PC4 on a number of machines over the years, and a bunch of my buddies have Q's. I won't call the Q "quiet" compared to stock, but it has better performance than any stock pipe and is definitely quieter than the PC4. Even a little more quiet is worth a small decrease in performance, especially on a dual-sport that may be running around the streets for everyone to hear. Less sound = more ground!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

What did you do to your crf250l today? by shiftline

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  26 replies
Reviews

KTM 300 XC 2014 by MotoX178

KTM 300 XC 2014
  • 1 review
  • Last review by MotoX178
  • On Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Forums
Photo

Excessive engine braking? by Scralatchtica824

• Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

Spring Rebuild Pictorial by Fattonz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  83 replies
Forums
Photo

Handguard installation by lucky phil

• 11 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.