What kind of financing on the 2010?

51 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted December 08, 2009 - 09:07 PM

I'm going thru my credit union. Just waiting for the bike. I'll sell my 08 CRF450, pay down the loan, and have it paid off by the time I'm ready to buy my next bike in 2011. Been working like a charm since 1999. We'll see if the used bike market wreaks havoc on my plans....

Considering you can buy a new 08 CRF for about $4200 BRAND NEW, I think you may be disappointed in the resell of your bike.

Just finance more...It's just money. :banghead:

Something about financing a dirt bike just doesn't jive.

• mediumfast

Posted December 08, 2009 - 10:12 PM

there isnt an endless supply of new 08s and everyone isnt selling them for 4200. fortunately i'm in no hurry to sell my 08. as far as financing goes, thfferent strokes for different folks. i realize offroad bikes depreciate relatively fast so financing them for three or more years makes little financial sense. if you pay the bike of quickly and sell it while it's still worth something it works out pretty well. another thing that helps is having good enough credit to get a favorable loan rate.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 09, 2009 - 07:07 AM

there isnt an endless supply of new 08s and everyone isnt selling them for 4200. fortunately i'm in no hurry to sell my 08. as far as financing goes, thfferent strokes for different folks. i realize offroad bikes depreciate relatively fast so financing them for three or more years makes little financial sense. if you pay the bike of quickly and sell it while it's still worth something it works out pretty well. another thing that helps is having good enough credit to get a favorable loan rate.

I agree with you 100% and this was what i was trying to explain to some a few pages back. Everybody heres the word credit card and goes ape shit.

If you have good credit and have always made your payments on time and never been late on a payment you can get a good APR.

Yes you heard right! Good APR........as low a 6% .... for I know cause I have one.

• nickeenoo

Posted December 09, 2009 - 07:31 AM

I agree with you 100% and this was what i was trying to explain to some a few pages back. Everybody heres the word credit card and goes ape shit.

If you have good credit and have always made your payments on time and never been late on a payment you can get a good APR.

Yes you heard right! Good APR........as low a 6% .... for I know cause I have one.

It's not that we said 6% wasn't a good rate, it's that we said it was not as good as 0%. It's not about the credit card, it's about paying more than you have to. If you can't understand that 6% is more than 0% then good luck with your new purchase; I just won't be dialing your number for financial advise anytime soon.

• YamaLink

Posted December 09, 2009 - 07:39 AM

My buddy went in to talk about financing the 2010, but his credit report looks like an Iraqi landing strip. Aside from the 4 truck repos (how he got financed on #2 - #4 baffles me) he even had an older Yamaha repoed! Did the "nothing for 6 months" and he continued that nothing trend for another 6 or 8 months.

I was at the shop when he walked in and I could almost hear the finance guy pucker up even though he was a good 30 yards that-a-way.

• grayracer513

Posted December 09, 2009 - 07:50 AM

It's not that we said 6% wasn't a good rate, it's that we said it was not as good as 0%. It's not about the credit card, it's about paying more than you have to.

Exactly. If it's worth it to you for the convenience, then do it your way, CK, but remember, money that you don't spend is like money that you earn tax free.

And BTW, the fact that you have a Yamaha card already does NOT mean you can't do the 0% deal again on another bike, if that's what you were thinking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike546

Posted December 09, 2009 - 03:38 PM

If you pay it off in the six month time frame then the 0/0/0 is great, but if you carry it out longer your going to get raped on the finance charges. He can get 6% right from day one. If he used the Yamaha financing first he can't pay it of after 6 months with the Discover card because it would be a cash advance and carry a higher interest rate. Well, thats the way I see it.

• aedwards07

Posted December 09, 2009 - 04:22 PM

Considering you can buy a new 08 CRF for about $4200 BRAND NEW, I think you may be disappointed in the resell of your bike.

Just finance more...It's just money. :banghead:

Something about financing a dirt bike just doesn't jive.

Funny thing about the resale.I just sold my 08 CRF for $3850 on ebay today.It had basically suspension and new plastics on it.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 09, 2009 - 06:47 PM

It's not that we said 6% wasn't a good rate, it's that we said it was not as good as 0%. It's not about the credit card, it's about paying more than you have to. If you can't understand that 6% is more than 0% then good luck with your new purchase; I just won't be dialing your number for financial advise anytime soon.

well the way I look at it ......is that money is money either way. The way you use it is up to you. One thing is for certain is that when you die you cant take it with you unless you have the undertaker to pack the wad of cash around you in the coffin.

If you do it that way let me know and I will come to the funeral and and just write you out a check and lay it down with you and take the cash.

What I'm trying to say is ......if you see something you want and you want it right at that moment and you are reasonable financially able then get it. Right now I'm financially able and havent had to buy a dirtbike since back in 06 and who cares if I have to pay an extra $500.00 dollars to get it. To me it is worth that extra dough to be able to have a newer bike and ride.

• Charlie755

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:15 PM

well the way I look at it ......is that money is money either way. The way you use it is up to you. One thing is for certain is that when you die you cant take it with you unless you have the undertaker to pack the wad of cash around you in the coffin.

If you do it that way let me know and I will come to the funeral and and just write you out a check and lay it down with you and take the cash.

What I'm trying to say is ......if you see something you want and you want it right at that moment and you are reasonable financially able then get it. Right now I'm financially able and havent had to buy a dirtbike since back in 06 and who cares if I have to pay an extra $500.00 dollars to get it. To me it is worth that extra dough to be able to have a newer bike and ride.

You are one of the responsible ones with a credit card and use it properly. And there is nothing wrong with how you use your credit card. Unfortunatly alot of people spend more than they can afford. I used to use credit cards all the time to buy stuff. I always had good intrest rates and paid my cards off on time or early. I have a huge issue with how credit card companys rip people off with all their fee's so I havent financed a bike since 2005. I pay cash for all of our new bikes. I do as someone posted before. I ponied up the cash for the first round of brand new bikes in 06 and then sell them at the beginning of the next year and use my tax return to cover the difference. I also usually by brand new "last years model" so I get a really good price on the bikes. I usually end up paying about $3000.00 a year for 2 brand new "last years model" bikes. My son races pro now but I dont see buying the current bike helping him win a race any better than last years model. These bikes are so overpriced (the 010 YZ450F's). The only one the local dealership had sold right away last month for $9200.00 OTD. Thats insane not paying it no way no how.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 10, 2009 - 01:41 PM

Exactly. If it's worth it to you for the convenience, then do it your way, CK, but remember, money that you don't spend is like money that you earn tax free.

And BTW, the fact that you have a Yamaha card already does NOT mean you can't do the 0% deal again on another bike, if that's what you were thinking.

Finally picking up my 09 white Saturday. This will be my fourth bike at 0/0/0 12.
Works for me, then sell it each year and take a little hit. It's nice to know what you have under you.

• ProMed

Posted December 10, 2009 - 03:10 PM

Funny thing about the resale.I just sold my 08 CRF for $3850 on ebay today.It had basically suspension and new plastics on it.

How much did you pay for it new last year?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.