What kind of financing on the 2010?

51 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 11:56 AM

That's still $260 for the year. Send it on over, money bags.

Well if you dont have cash to get one you have to get it some how and a credit card is to me is the best way. It might not be the cheapest but its the simpleist way for me.

I usually have a down payment also from where I've sold my old bike. I have my 06 sold now to a buddy I work with and he has done paid me for it. I still have the bike cause it is for his step son for xmas.

All i have to finance is $4600.00

• Thumper38

Posted December 07, 2009 - 11:57 AM

I am looking at different options too! Someone said there is 0-0-0 for 6 months on the 2010???????? I am checking tonight.

• grayracer513

Posted December 07, 2009 - 12:09 PM

Well if you dont have cash to get one you have to get it some how and a credit card is to me is the best way. It might not be the cheapest but its the simpleist way for me.

I usually have a down payment also from where I've sold my old bike. I have my 06 sold now to a buddy I work with and he has done paid me for it. I still have the bike cause it is for his step son for xmas.

All i have to finance is $4600.00

You are missing the point. Your original statement was that it doesn't matter whether you use the 0/0/12 Deal or a credit card; it clearly does.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 12:23 PM

You are missing the point. Your original statement was that it doesn't matter whether you use the 0/0/12 Deal or a credit card; it clearly does.

yeah I know what I said. i just didnt want to get in to big details about it. If I had taken the time to type I would have said this>>>>>>

the 0/0 payments for 12 months is the best way to go. I done this when they were running the promotions in january of 06 when I bought my 06 450.

I saved my money the best I could til the promo was over and wound up saving back $4800.00 and I just paid the yamaha card off with my discover card.

My payments on the discover card were $112.00 a month. When the payment was due i paid $400.00 a month for like three months and it was paid for.

This is how i intend to do the 2010 model excluding the Yamaha card cause I dont think they will be running a promo on it anytime soon.

• Mike546

Posted December 07, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Just got of the phone with the dealer and it's 0/0/0 for 6 months for the 09 and he doesn't know what it will be in March when I was suppose to get a blue bike. He has a white bike scheduled in this month so I decided to take it and get the 6 months no payments. I guess I can live with white.

• nickeenoo

Posted December 07, 2009 - 02:29 PM

I highly doubt that! I'm on a fixed income......i get paid salery working for the state of virginia........DOC......corrections. With the way the economy has been we hadnt had a raise in two years and were looking at another year with out one.

I'm just saying The credit card I have has a lot lower APR than the yamaha card I have. I havnt used my yamaha card since I bought my 06 450 in 06.

Fair enough on the six percent from Discover. I would still probably do the 0/0/0 for whatever time Yamaha would allow me to do. Like the saying goes, "A penny saved is a penny earned". I just don't know why you would give any interest money away if you didn't have to.

Nate

• 95s10nj

Posted December 07, 2009 - 05:22 PM

you can get the 0/0/0 for 6 months or as low as 9.99% for 24 months on the 2010. I just bought my 2010 saturday.

• davbrucas

Posted December 07, 2009 - 05:48 PM

It is 0/0/0 for 12mos on the 09s.

• racerx_217

Posted December 07, 2009 - 06:12 PM

I did not realize there was that many guys that financed bikes. I always rolled with the understanding that if i could not pay cash i could not afford it. I have a deposit on one here in Michigan and will be paying cash.

Edited by devon466, December 07, 2009 - 06:28 PM.

• gfmoto

Posted December 07, 2009 - 06:16 PM

cash is king!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 08:49 PM

I did not realize there was that many guys that financed bikes. I always rolled with the understanding that if i could not pay cash i could not afford it. I have a deposit on one here in Michigan and will be paying cash.

just hope you dont get knocked in the head before you get there with it.

thats a lot of clams to be carrying around. Put it in the bank and write a check for it.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 07, 2009 - 09:05 PM

Fair enough on the six percent from Discover. I would still probably do the 0/0/0 for whatever time Yamaha would allow me to do. Like the saying goes, "A penny saved is a penny earned". I just don't know why you would give any interest money away if you didn't have to.

Nate

Me too! I would love for yamaha to have a promotion for the 2010 yz450f like 0 down and 0 payments for a year or that customer cash back ($500.00)

But I know they wont being this a whole new bike and not many of them being produced and the way the economy is.

I found out a long time ago that you just cant save money. i have always had to finance stuff in order to have it. every time i tried saving money I either had to pay doctor bills, buy another vehicle, something all the time.

i spend a lot of money just on gas to get to work beings I live 50 miles from my work place so you can see why I go through vehicles a lot.

Hopefully in july they will get this prison built about a couple miles from me and i will be able to transfer to it and then maybe i will be able to have fancy bikes paid for and be able to smoke cigars:D

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 08, 2009 - 03:33 AM

cash is king!!

0/0/0/12 is king because it gives you a whole year to have more fun, then pay it off with cash.:banghead:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 08, 2009 - 06:43 AM

0/0/0/12 is king because it gives you a whole year to have more fun, then pay it off with cash.:banghead:

Yeah you are right there. Lets just hope Yamaha comes out with a promo next month for the 2010 450f

• grunkthump

Posted December 08, 2009 - 07:24 AM

MY dealer must be wrong then...he says he called and checked....0/0/0 for 12mo. on the 10's...so WHICH IS IT!!

• davbrucas

Posted December 08, 2009 - 07:28 AM

Well, jump on it then. I know I talked to yamaha finance last week and they said that it was only on 09 and older. I am financing the bike as well....could pay cash but if you get a new bike every year you can ride this one for free for a year. Sell it for whatever. Put that amount toward the bike and pay the difference out of pocket...then do it all over again. Been doing it this way for a while. End up paying maybe $1500-2000 on a new bike each year.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 08, 2009 - 10:01 AM

Well, jump on it then. I know I talked to yamaha finance last week and they said that it was only on 09 and older. I am financing the bike as well....could pay cash but if you get a new bike every year you can ride this one for free for a year. Sell it for whatever. Put that amount toward the bike and pay the difference out of pocket...then do it all over again. Been doing it this way for a while. End up paying maybe $1500-2000 on a new bike each year.

If you did the 2010 that way you would have to sell it for at least six thousand in order to only have to pay the difference of the new bike the following year.

I dont see many people paying 6 grand for a used year old dirtbike when they can add another grand to that and get a brand new one. Unless the used one is in real sweet emaculate condition

• Thumper38

Posted December 08, 2009 - 12:16 PM

I talked to my dealer last night, and my bike is still saying due Dec. 09! Then I asked him what financing they had for 2010 and he said 0-0-0 for 6 months. Game On!

• racerx_217

Posted December 08, 2009 - 12:22 PM

just hope you dont get knocked in the head before you get there with it.

thats a lot of clams to be carrying around. Put it in the bank and write a check for it.

......:banghead:
a cashiers check is cash

• mediumfast

Posted December 08, 2009 - 08:31 PM

I'm going thru my credit union. Just waiting for the bike. I'll sell my 08 CRF450, pay down the loan, and have it paid off by the time I'm ready to buy my next bike in 2011. Been working like a charm since 1999. We'll see if the used bike market wreaks havoc on my plans....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.